List build - where are we? Where are we going next (Part 1)

Not a grain of truth in it, absolute vicious rumour only

2 Likes

He did once.

If we donā€™t land a big fish, what if we trade pick 11 for Matthew Kennedy and Isaac C-umming. It would be like getting two first round pick midfielders for the price of one.

2 Likes

Make. It. Happen.

B Gleeson . Hooker . Baguley
HB McKenna . Hurley . Hind
C McGrath . Heppell Ā© . Merrett
HF Stringer . Stewart . Fantasia
F Begley . Daniher . Tipungwuti
FOL Bellchambers . Langford . Rockliff
I/C Goddard . Kennedy . Parish . Zaharakis

1 Like

I got about a paragraph into that gloomer article, and immediately thought it was one of about 250 blitzers.

Flog rubbish!

8 Likes

Just out of curiosity, do you work in the equities industry? Because this isnā€™t laymanā€™s language IMOā€¦

Can I be a fly in the ointment and say we need another KPP?

2 Likes

We need Francis to step up, so he can play back or fwd

1 Like

Sure, but at what priority?
Iā€™m going:
1 outside mid
2 inside mid
3 half back (Kelly gone & McGrath hopefully moving up)
4 Small forward
ā€¦ kp

Which obviously doesnā€™t leave much opportunity for getting a superstar tall

1 Like

I agree Wim. We do need to draft some key position talent.

But we need elite mids now.

1 Like

Leg speed. We have best small forwards weā€™ve had in a long time and people want them pushed into the midfield all the time because we lack pace there.

1. Inside Mid
  2. KPD
  3. Outside/Inside mid
  4. HBF - reckon we can fill/replace this internally
  5. SF/Green upgrade/replacement
1 Like

So what do EFC do, put an ad on the back page of The Sun, apply to EFC.

Pick 11 - Oscar Clavarino

Pick 28 - Trade to GWS for Matthew Kennedy

3 Likes

just think about that for a bit.

no other traits that will set him up for a long career apart from two essential attributes that you see in basically every player who has had a long and fruitful career.

if its purely size/ athleticism that is holding him back, then I am as optimistic about mutch as any of the other youngsters we have on our list.

why do we stuff around so much with our delistings? Every year we drag it out for weeks when it should be obvious who needs to go.
anyone got any ideas why we stuff around?

Weā€™ve delisted one player. Port, who got knocked out in the same week, have delisted nobody.

As to why we do it one at a time when most clubs just do one or two batches, no idea. It is a weird difference, albeit one that I donā€™t imagine matters.

1 Like

Make a list and send it to the club, be emphatic on how they need to act now.

4 Likes

What sort of KP though? Only a Hooker replacement would seem a priority, and we may think that we can tweak the structure of we donā€™t find one over the next couple of drafts

Youā€™re probably right. I was just home with a sick young one today and I was bored and needed something to happen :slight_smile:

1 Like