List build - where are we? Where are we going next (Part 1)

Are you sure this is right? Isn’t it a minimum of 3 list changes, not necessarily draft picks?

hawthorn only drafted 2 players last year

3 picks or rookie upgrades.

The inclusion of trades was only in effect for the GC/GWS affected drafts, apparently.

They elevated a rookie as well

1 Like

Righto. That’s a better explanation than another hawthorn rule.

You would think they will only make the two changes given our draft picks.

I thought Jerret, Howlett, Bird and Morgan would all be on thin ice, looks like 2 of them will make it.

I think we will elevate Draper, plus take 3 picks (or 2 + a DFA if someone shakes loose) and 2 rookies.

Jerrett Howlett Bird most likely gone. Or possibly keep Howlett and shift Morgan to rookies.

Wouldn’t be popular but I’d delist bird and green and keep howlett and merrett.

Where does green get a game with stringer and smith arriving. Both will spend time forward.

Off merrett bird and howlett I’d keep merrett first as i think he can be a good player in a good team. I’d choose howlett over bird as he offers more up forward.

When deciding how many to delist vs upgrade we need to look at what is likely to be available at pick 60+ in a weak draft. It’s highly likely we are better keeping jerrett and howlett for depth this year rather than taking a punt on a youngster who is unlikely to make it

1 Like

Just a heads up Blitz for those who listen to our Podcast, Saturday on The Lunchtime Catch Up Podcast we will be talking to Rob Kerr to go through each succesful trade & the upcoming draft options

21 Likes

Love you work mate. Can’t wait!

Bird still under contract, I would be very surprised if he got delisted.

The addition of SSS is huge! 3 best 22 players for 3 draft picks is unbelievable work, especially when one has potential to be top 3 at the club.

We have a lot of talent on our list now, yet still a couple of holes which might be filled during the season. Breakout years from Langford and Francis is enormous for the list going forward!

1 Like

Not sure this is correct. Blitz contract thread has him out of contract now and I believe one of the EFC articles mentioned the same. Can’t find an extension announcement either.

1 Like

Looks like the world IS going to end

My head says we need to force games into Langford, Laverde and Francis.

But it’s becoming almost impossible to free up the spots for them.

1 Like

No other websites have him listed as out of contract this year (that I could find). I did find out that he was out of contract at the end of last year, but can’t find any information about what sort of extension he got.

They surely won’t delist Miles. 1-2 injuries to midfielders and he is straight in

This trio need to do something TO force their way into the best 22.

The time for gifting games is no longer.

1 Like

This may be sacrilegious to mention here…but Bigfooty also has Bird as being uncontracted:

1 Like

Not really , most people assume I can’t see good and positive steps, which says more about them.

This is a totally different step forward from the last 15 years.
This is a quantifiable situation that shows a change in dire tion imo.
And not a hope and belief that things are on the rise.

Still alot of work needs to be done, but least they’ve tried to break the mould.