List changes 2017

Ants, What you are saying my logic is And what my logic is are 2 different things.

You are not arguing my point. Again.

So either I am not being clear or you are high horseing.

HAP and I actually agree. You are just trying to make me look silly by suggesting I’m saying Begley cannot be the most exciting based on his draft position. BUT I’m using his draft position as a means of perhaps tempering expectations which is very minor to my point.

MY MAIN POINT is it is hard for ME to fathom being more excited about BBB than Parish or McGrath. Based on my opinion of McGrath and Parish (you have a lower regard for them relative to mine). I also stated that if he got a as good as them (top 12 players on the list IMO) then that would be a bonus.

You then state.

I can’t believe you actually believe this. This is purely argumentative. You must have a low regard for McGraths other 18 matches…

Your silly argumenting and attempts to make me look silly by making outlandish statements is dissapointing given that in the past you have typically been decent. I actually think we mostly agree on this very topic. You are just being belligerent.

100% agree HAP.

You very concisely said you were most excited for BBB but that didn’t equate having the highest expectations.

That’s how I am with Langford as well.

But apparently that isn’t good enough for some who want to try and make others look stupid.

Oh well.

I think we need more posts arguing the definition of ‘better part of a decade’…

Like it or not, we’ve been the modern day Richmond since our successful years. As CB has mentioned in the past, we have also lowered our standards in that time as far as what we consider a success. I hope list changes are made that’ll make our team better (as long as we’re not attracting 28+ year old players). If that means Langford, Laverde and Francis are forced to earn their senior games whilst playing VFL, then so be it.

I am arguing what you wrote. If you had a completely different point to what you wrote, then you should just apologise and we’ll move on. I have no issue with someone saying they think in their opinion Parish/McGrath are more exciting than Begley. That isn’t what you wrote, or what I said was a ridiculous statement. You’re still in the above post trying to use his draft position as if it is relevant once someone is drafted. Do you do the same for Fantasia? After all, he was pick 50 odd. There is no tempering of expectations based on draft position, that is gone.

To be clear, I was criticising that logic, and I’m still criticising it as you seem to be still using it. Even in your last paragraph you’re saying that because he was drafted #31 if he ends up top 12 on our list its a bonus. That might be correct from a pure drafting point of view, but is totally ridiculous for rating a player’s potential once they’re on the list and we’ve had a chance to see them.

I’ve generally thought Blitz has been its typical, over the top self on McGrath. I agree he’s very promising. He hasn’t done that much yet particularly different from a lot of his draft mates. The entire 2016 draft class is looking good, and he’s played as a back pocket. Am I happy with what he’s done so far? Yes. Do I think it’s jaw droppingly good or something? No. But its obvious we disagree on this.

Nicely put guys. I’m excited about Ridley, he may not end up the best but I just like silky defenders.

P.S. Masterchef sucks, Survivor rules.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Against my better judgement I’m gonna flog this dead horse that you have been flogging for some reason. The only reason I can summise is you are arguing peripheral / semantic points in an attempt to prove some sort of intellectual superiority. Why? I’m not sure…

I’m not gonna do that. I’m going to show the words you have used underneath to illustrate the arguments you have conjured up. Regardless of some of your valid points and the fact I have stated we mostly agree, you have continued to push how clever you are.

The words below are how far from the point you have strayed to try and have a clever argument that would be settled 2 minutes in person but alas the clever / silly thing again.

How profound…

when stating his current output…

I’m not sure what to say to this…I just…I can’t…oh man

Wat!!! 1 game…1 good game…ummmm

I really want to apologise. You must be deeply offended and upset by this. Can you please send me a small draft pointing me in the direction of my bad ways and I can commit how I will try not to deeply upset you again…

Yeh. Um. Can you please apologise to Andy. He feels upset by this statement.

Interesting to see you focus on the bit I’ve said from the start is a matter of opinion, how people rate McGrath (and Parish). Nice move of the goal posts. Especially slipping that bit about apologising into the McGrath series of quotes, and not leaving it with the bit I said you were wrong about which is using draft position to cap potential.

It’s almost like you’re misrepresenting me…

Once again. Never said it. Are you a politician?

This is my most damning quote that may in some bizarre world if misunderstandings you would continue the argument. But I have since clarified with you. However you continue…

I rate the 2 boys very highly. If pick 31 in the current draft was as good as them now then in my opinion Dodoro would be rapt. Statistics would completely support that in that draft range there are more misses than hits and that getting top 12 quality players is rare.

THAT IS NOT A CEILING. It’s not a ■■■■■■■ ceiling. If he was our best player in 4 years I’ll buy his ■■■■■■■ jumper !!!

So don’t ask me to apologise. I’m all for saying sorry and saying when I get it wrong. I get it wrong a lot. But I’m not saying sorry to someone who is acting like you. Particularly when you are being a ■■■■. I have nothing to be sorry for except for the other poor blitzers who have to read this ■■■■. But you continue to say I am saying things I’m not

Sorry blitz (except this guy).

Ants is one of the better posters when it comes to list analysis IMO. I may not agree with all of his projections and opinions, but at least he always puts time into researching his arguments and this contributes a huge amount to list management discussions.

2 Likes

Disregarding the names of the players we are likely to get rid of, I’d be curious to know people’s thoughts on the types of players we should replace them with.
I’ve listed my guess at delistings below and suggested the type of players to replace them.

Watson - Inside mid - replace with inside mid
Stanton - outside mid - replace with outside mid
Kelly - HBF - replace with HBF
Eades - small forward - replace with small forward
Bird - inside mid - replace with outside mid
Hocking - inside mid - replace with generic mid (in and out)
Howlett - inside mid - replace with generic mid (in and out)
Long - small forward - replace with small forward
McKernan - ruck/foward - replace with ruck/forward
Jerrett - outside mid - replace with KPP (unless they deem Francis and Ridley genuine KPP’s which I doubt)
Morgan - HBF - replace with HBF

2 Likes

I 100% agree with you on that.

Not a knock on yourself either - I think the debate is healthy.

I still think Morgan will get a reprieve.

We are already looking down the barrel of 8-10 list changes and unless we have some Gems hidden in the state leagues we might keep a couple of the younger players unexpectedly.

2 Likes

Retired
Watson
Stanton
Kelly

Delisted
Hocking
Howlett
Mckernan
Morgan

Mckenna (Promoted)
Long (promoted)

Bird ahead of Howlett as depth inside mid
Draper (rookie list)
Mcniece (Rookie B)

6 senior spots
2 promoted Rookies
4 Draft selections

McKenna was elevated last year. Eades delisted.

Wasn’t McKenna already promoted to the senior list this year?

I thought he came off the rookie list at beginning of year (i didnt think it was the offical upgrade at end of last year)

McKenna was recruited to the Club as a Category B Rookie in the National Rookie Draft in 2014 and as part of his new deal will be elevated to the Club’s senior list

3 Likes

Pittard signs on with port. Thank ■■■■.

4 Likes