Live Trading during the Draft... it's here

The word shitshow comes to mind

1 Like

I hope youā€™re right

Hereā€™s their logic:
Say you have pick 8, the player you want goes at pick 7. You donā€™t want anyone in the 8-10 band, so pick 8 isnā€™t of much value to you. It may be in your interest to trade down your first to later in the first round and get an extra late pick.

Or something.

ā€œThe board have asked what recommendations came out of our business class,
5 star, all-expenses paid work trip to the superbowl. No, not the situation with your secretary, Garyā€

1 Like

Will be hilarious the first time C*nton trade out pick 8 cos they ā€œknowā€ the guy they want will still be there at pick 12, only he isnā€™t. Thatā€™s the only upside I can see with this.

2 Likes

Would it hurt to keep things simple?

Soon itā€™s going to be like a RPG.

ā€œTo gain access to trading your first pick you must first speak to Gandalf who will give you an elixir which you must then trade for a mysterious player who will give you a token of which the Orc at Pacific Valley will then allow you access to read out the first player you wish to have at your club.ā€

2 Likes

I get how it works. How is that a justification for bringing the change in though? How does it make the draft better, fairer, more exciting, etc? It does nothing to improve the competition for the fans, clubs or players

I canā€™t see how it would be anything other than a drawn out shambles, that allows for more ads, and thatā€™s not a good reason to do anything

I listen to the Road to the Draft podcast. Most of the list managers who have been interviewed this year were very positive about live trading of picks. It seems to give clubs a better chance at getting what they need from the draft.

Funnily enough Twomey wasnā€™t too excited as it will completely destroy any chance he has at getting the phantom draft right.

3 Likes

I should be attending the first round live, working Friday though so keeping track of the other picks will be a pain

3 Likes

Somebody needs to sort out their priorities

2 Likes

Even then, he still stuffed it. Apart from pick 1 he is hit and miss.

Quayle at least was 95% accurate at the best prospects.

1 Like

Yep work can wait, Iā€™m sure they wonā€™t mind :stuck_out_tongue:

Who cares.

Based on how many irons in fire we probably wonā€™t have a selection until the 4th round.

1 Like

Boekhorst? Bootsma? Mature-age.

More things to confuse Collingwood supportersā€¦ and more things that they believe is a conspiracy against them.

Kept a copy of the URL this timeā€¦

6 Likes

Iā€™m all for it.

Geelong looking incredibly nervous here, they arenā€™t sure the man they want will be there at their pick. I reckon theyā€™ll need essendonā€™s next pickā€¦ wait, whatā€™s this? DODORO IS DONNING ANOTHER JACKET! oh myā€¦

2 Likes

And thatā€™s all you need to know about afl administration

Or simply trade them on the night