Local Cricket 2015/16

Adam (? Queensland quick, played 1 Test) Dale supposedly shopped himself round for $20k when he came down from QLD, I don’t think he got it though and ended up playing district for a year or two.

Bloke in our comp is on about $15k, selfish as ■■■■ but unfortunately he’s probably worth it.

Hate to see what their fees are if someone’s getting $30k. If they’ve got 60 guys paying full fees that works out at $500 each, and that’s not counting registration, insurance, match balls, umpires etc.
Either someone’s stumping up all of it or they’ve got a lot of pokies. Cricket clubs just don’t get the sponsorship dollars.

Heard last night at training that Sorrento are paying Nick Jewell between 30 and 50K.
And that Springvale South have 2 Sri Lankans, not just Bandara - both receiving 30K.

Yeah yeah yeah.
Local footy/cricket rumour mills are the worst. A young kid at our club got a few offers after a big big season, I know what they were from the horse’s mouth, and I heard the rumours once they’d bounced all the way around and come back… only 3-400% out!!!

Halve it. Maybe. There’s no way anybody is tipping in 60k to a local cricket club, no way known.

Over 40’s GF tomorrow. Playing an undefeated side on their ground. Ive got runs this year but have never really felt “in form”. Hopefully it clicks tomorrow. Sore achilles just needs to hold together for one more afternoon. Fingers crossed.

If we win, i’ll probably bow out and just coach my sons’ junior sides.

Our season is over. Missed the finals by 2 points. Our record against the top 4 was poor so our position on the ladder is right.

I’ve never had a side not show up for the 2nd week of a match but it happened to us yesterday. We got to the ground and it was locked up. No one showed up by start time so we went to the pub.

You’d be pretty ■■■■■■ off.

https://www.facebook.com/kbcc1956/photos/pcb.1717816285096856/1717816115096873/?type=3&theater

That’s pretty poor.

Reminds me of a Grand Final up this way.

So, im sitting here at 5.40am icing up -for the third time since 8 last night.- what is at best a strained calf, nursing a possibly broken little finger and still pondering the “if only’s”.

We nearly got em. They went past us with 7 balls to go, 6 or 7 down (depending on how you view the compulsory retirement).

Consecutive GF losses. Now crippled for work for a while. What a Stupid game cricket is. I should ■■■■■■ know better. Danny Glovers Lethal Weapon line is most applicable right now.

And yet, im already considering next year. Deadset idiot.

Made finals after winning 3 out of the last 4 games, beating the two teams ahead of us in absolute thrashings.

Ended up sneaking in on percentage, simply because we took 20 wickets on Saturday (without getting the outright).

Woodends firsts finished on top of the ladder and now the shire have decided this week is a good week to lay sand and seed the ground, the week before the semi finals. This will probably mean they will play their game at our 2nd oval and our 3rds will need to find another ground in another town to play on…

Woodends firsts finished on top of the ladder and now the shire have decided this week is a good week to lay sand and seed the ground, the week before the semi finals. This will probably mean they will play their game at our 2nd oval and our 3rds will need to find another ground in another town to play on..

I’d love to know what the entrance exam is for council workers who do cricket grounds. You need to be a particular type of person. Heard a story about one club a few years back had a local councillor cutting a ribbon on some new facility prior to a Satday arvo game. Of course the council gardening staff had decided to rip one or two of the sprinklers out on the Friday so the game was off.

Genuises.

Woodends firsts finished on top of the ladder and now the shire have decided this week is a good week to lay sand and seed the ground, the week before the semi finals. This will probably mean they will play their game at our 2nd oval and our 3rds will need to find another ground in another town to play on..

I’d love to know what the entrance exam is for council workers who do cricket grounds. You need to be a particular type of person. Heard a story about one club a few years back had a local councillor cutting a ribbon on some new facility prior to a Satday arvo game. Of course the council gardening staff had decided to rip one or two of the sprinklers out on the Friday so the game was off.

Genuises.

They are a special kind of stupid

https://www.facebook.com/kbcc1956/photos/pcb.1717816285096856/1717816115096873/?type=3&theater

Spoke to a mate who was playing in this match. Apparently they know who did it. There is now a $5000 reward for information to leads to the culprit getting caught.

Interestingly it seems the karma bus hit bigtime with the associated team still missing the finals by half a point.

The Moreland City Council have played their part in disrupting Oak Park’s back-to-back premiership chances, with a festival slated for John Pascoe Fawkner Reserve Saturday - just when the home side were due to play their earned home final.

Looks like I will be playing finals despite missing the last round. My team playing in a virtual elimination final managed to win by 1 run!

I was following the scores by social media and I thought we were gone when the opposition reached 4/115 chasing 155. Somehow we pulled it out of the bag. The match wasn’t without its controversy though. With 5 runs or 1 wicket needed a catch was taken and then flung away before the fielder stepped in the gutter (which is the boundary). My team thought it was a fair catch - while the opposition who were seated just behind the fielder thought it was 6. The umpires took the middle ground and awarded the 2 runs which were taken.

Can’t wait for the weekend!

Genuises.

They are a special kind of stupid

Ours was one of those guys who are counterpoint to the argument that pot does you no harm.

And he was replaced by another stoner.