Local Cricket 2016/17

It’s that time of year again! Had our first training session last week, good to get the decent amount of rust out of the way! Back playing at Aberfeldie Park CC, 2nd season there and already roped into joining the committee! We should have a better year on field this season than last, at the very least we have got enough players, 2 new overseas players plus a decent local whose stats read pretty nicely on MyCricket, to keep blokes like me in the 2s, which I’d be happy with as I scored consistent runs back there. If anyone is looking for a change of club or haven’t played for a few years and live in the Essendon area (or don’t mind travelling out that way for a hit), you’d be more than welcome to join the Bears!

Anyone else started indoor nets?

I was sorer than any footy game after games last year.
I’m contemplating softball.

Been training by myself to try to get fit

We start training this week. I retire at the end of every season these days but end up playing the next season. We have picked up a couple of really good players so hopefully that filters down all the grades and we can have a great season.

Had my first hit yesterday. Gee I’m sore today and training only went for an hour and a half.

Might need a new club anyone hiring

Where are you located mate?

All VTCA games called off yesterday, only 11/63 grounds ready for play. Anyone else get on yesterday?

Our comp got on but we are a synthetic comp.

I’m sore today

Oak Park 7/211 off 35 overs, after being 7/109. 16 yo on debut made 46no whilst the captain made 68no.
Balmoral only had 10 and thus the innings was closed with the score 9/171 off 29 overs, after being 3/133 at the halfway mark.

Still no play in Ballarat Cricket Association… 2 weeks all grades cancelled due to exceptionally moist grounds everywhere. More rain forecast for this week… Any other comps still not played?

Oak Park 2nds had to forfeit against Craigieburn due to the lack of available talent. However there are 2 players making comebacks after long lay offs in the next few weeks…

Where are you located mate?

Down in Gippsland manged to find a club only a crappy club 280 conceded both weeks scored only 100 haha

Comeback time tomorrow for Oak Park against Donnybrook at home.

Hope you have got your wetsuit ready.

Golden duck first game, cricket a ■■■■ game when you can’t make a run…

Anyone get on today? Drove 40 minutes to our game and was there for 10 minutes.

Anyone get on today? Drove 40 minutes to our game and was there for 10 minutes.

We got a game in, we played a Bacchus Marsh, freezing cold

Golden duck first game, cricket a ■■■■ game when you can't make a run...

Same.

We managed a 25 over a side game. Still thawing out.

No play for us. Sat around until 3.30, put thr covers on and off about 5 times before we finally pulled the pin.