Local Cricket 2016/17

We played through rain and hail

They made 202 with do many balls not going the distance.

Bowled 5 overs for 21 had 2 drops as well as 6 other chances falling short

I am 2/2 from catches took a good slip catch running back

Batting waist high full toss missed it got bowled

All out for 38

So far 270 odd we got 70
270 we got 102
202 we got 38

Hash tag ■■■■

Golden duck first game, cricket a ■■■■ game when you can't make a run...

Same.

We managed a 25 over a side game. Still thawing out.

I think i am still frozen

3 weeks washed out totally in Ballarat… anyone want a bloke for a one dayer on a permit next week so I can actually play?

Competition wide Derby Day bye for North West Metro

Havent played a game yet. Washout central.

All out for 38

So far 270 odd we got 70
270 we got 102
202 we got 38

Hash tag ■■■■

Who in gippy are you playing for?

Stradbroke down near Sale

Beat my old club bowled 4 overs 1-4 they scored 122 we scored 140 great win

Filled in today and won by a wicket with one player short. We completely ■■■■■■ up the score book so we may not of won however the opposition captain went off half way through the innings to get on the grog and didn’t give a toss.
I play in a quality league.

All out for 38

So far 270 odd we got 70
270 we got 102
202 we got 38

Hash tag ■■■■

Who in gippy are you playing for?

Stradbroke down near Sale

I’m on the other side if gippy.

What team? not in Sale Maffra

@Sameolds2010
Sounds like our league the amount of players that show up hung over is unbeleivable

Filled in today and won by a wicket with one player short. We completely ■■■■■■ up the score book so we may not of won however the opposition captain went off half way through the innings to get on the grog and didn't give a toss. I play in a quality league.

Do they love a punt too?

We had a mare yesterday out at Sunshine. Won the toss and batted on a very good track, all out 58. My 10 was 2nd top score. Felt not too bad but when I attempted to shoulder arms to one outside off the ball run off the face of my bat straight to 2nd slip. We bowled 40 overs and Sunny are 4/80. Not sure how long they’ll bat next week before we have to bat again. But yeah pretty ordinary day…

We had a very strange day. We were 2/100 at tea and ended up all out for 175 when we should have been looking for a score over 250. Had 7 overs at them and they are 0/5.
Our firsts got the other mob out for 138. With 19 overs to face our ones ended up 3/187.

Filled in today and won by a wicket with one player short. We completely ■■■■■■ up the score book so we may not of won however the opposition captain went off half way through the innings to get on the grog and didn't give a toss. I play in a quality league.

Do they love a punt too?

I recon. I play in a real bush league so it’s pretty down to earth with no egos. The kind of league where a bloke might spear you with a stump if provoked but buy you a beer after. And a needle and thread.

The Oak Park twos have the bye again this week but the ones are at home so I’m scoring for them this week.

We beat my other old side today in a thrashing 210 to 90 odd

That’s 2/2 the first three weeks seem to be a blip played the equivalent of gws Sydney bulldogs in the first three weeks

The gale was a ■■■■■

Buckley Park made 7/130 off their 35 overs.
Oak Park won it with 4/139 off 30.1 overs.

3 Rounds in and Oak Park 1sts have 2 wins and a draw, whilst the 2nds have a forfeit and a loss.

Losing on the first day, we just wanted to avoid total embarrassment, which we did. We restricted Sunshine to 9/156 before they declared and sent us back in to try and go for the outright. We had 60 overs to face for the day and ended up 3/103 before stumps were called early. I got 23, felt really good but the tea break halted my momentum. Got back out there and didn’t add to my total, they packed the covers and points/gullies and bowled about a foot outside off to test my patience. I kept trying to hit through the packed field without success before hitting one straight to short cover. Very soft dismissal, but nice to get some time at the crease and hopefully a big score is around the corner.

In two weeks we have Dustin Fletcher and Boomer Harvey coming down for a sportsmans night and the Woodend Cricket Club

Had Saturday/Sunday cricket this weekend. Saturday was the 1st week of a 2-day game against Barkly Street United. Got dropped to the 2s so was keen to prove a point. We lost the toss and got sent in on a soft green wicket and with the overhead expected conditions to be tough, but I’ve got to say it was reasonably easy out there. The bowling wasn’t much chop, not quick and they did nothing with the ball. I always felt that the biggest threat to getting out was me, and that’s how it turned out. Made 53 but should’ve been a ton but I got stumped off the spinner after missing a ball on the pads, the rebound going back to the keeper as I stepped out of my ground. Put on 96 for the opening stand, from there we had another 3 bats pass 50 and we made an imposing 318.

Today had a one-dayer v Sydenham/Hillside. Won the toss and bowled first, had them in early trouble but they had one guy make about 80 and they got to 150 off their 40. In reply we were 4/120 but rain cut 10 overs off our allotment. When we went off we were 2/50 after 11 and doing it pretty easy after losing some early wickets. Made 20 but struggled for timing on a slow pitch against far better bowlers than yesterday. Flicked one straight to square leg off the pads that I absolutely middled. All up not a bad weekend on the field but the legs are a little heavy tonight!!

Played vets yesterday. Should have known better. Im too old for that sort of heat, lol.

Went down by a handful of runs. I got a 40-retired and chased far too many balls in the field. Can barely move this morning.