Local Cricket 2016/17

We have captain i hate 11kgm this weekend

Since I dislocated my shoulder i throw like a discus to get it in. Him and his brother gang up on me and call me a retard. I have a disability you ■■■■■

I sometimes stop the ball with my foot struggle to bend over get yelled at for that

Bowl one bad ball dragged

Not keen on playing

Pinched the nerve in my back and popped my hernia

Played in one of the best games I have ever played in yesterday. We were chasing 222 and started slowly. We were 2/50 at tea so needed to lift the run rate. We were 8 down with 5 to get off the last over. We needed 3 off the last ball and the number 9 proceeded to hit it for 6. Great win

Had a team 5/5 at one point today, including 4 leg side wides.

Fair to say we had a pretty good win!

Lost to the top team yesterday. Had them 8/75 and unfortunately they got to 148. We started poorly with myself chopping on for 15 and leaving us 1/22 and then lost a couple of quick wickets to find ourselves at 6/51. My opening partner went on to make 90 and was the last man out and we ended up 7 runs short.

Played in an inter-league 24 over rep game. Lost an opener 1st ball of match. Other opener next over and number four two overs after that. At one stage i looked at the scoreboard and we were 3/10 and i had nine of them, lol.

We recovered to be all out 100,leaving 9 balls unused.

The bowlers did a great job, but they got by us 7 down in the final over.

Promoted to 1s this game, got sent in against top of the table Moonee Valley. I opened and felt pretty good, got off the mark with a cut for 4, then a few overs later hit the exact same shot straight to gully, out for 5. We were 6/48 at one point but some lower order partnerships got us to 9/172, so at least we have a half defendable score. Bowling is our strength so we are a chance.

Managed to make my highest score since a junior 17 from 30 overs of solid batting so ■■■■■■ sore can’t move still

A win is a win…7 wicket victory chasing just 114 to win.

■■■■■■■ huge day yesterday. Chased down 243 off 40 overs. We were held up after rain for 40 minutes and limped to drinks at 4 down for about 70 after negotiating an hour of a ball of soap on a pitch that resembled a slip n slide.
We made 170 in 20 overs with 8 down an 2 balls to spare. I have never been so pumped after a game of cricket and would have to go down as best game I’ve ever played in. We came from nowhere. And the opposition where smug ■■■■■.
Oh baby.

We lost, had MV on toast at 6/110 but a couple of their young boys batted really well at the end and they got there 8 down and with about 5 overs to spare. They got off to a fast start and were 1/70 off about 13 overs, then we put the brakes on and they kept trying to swing their way to victory.

Back to back wins…this time against Buckley Park, restricting them to 77 and making the runs in 9 overs.

It was my first match for 2 months.

You’re playing on Xmas eve? That’s keen.

Back into the new year with 3 straight wins.

First 2 were away at East Coburg (nice fixturing by the NWMCA that) and then by forfeit yesterday over the Shakti Lions at home.

The forfeit story was interesting:

Ourselves and the umpire were ready to go by 12.35. They finally turned up with 6 by 1pm. Still 1 short for a match. By 1.30 this hadn’t changed. The match was called. 5 minutes later, 4 more of their side turned up. too late. But, we decided to a 25 over a side practice match for the sake of it.

Ladder looks like this:

Shakti Lions - 57 - 1.5851
Northern Lions - 51 - 1.2404
Oak Park - 45 - 1.6312
Pascoe Vale United - 33 - 1.1143
St. Albans - 33 - 1.0913
Balmoral - 27 - 0.5641
East Coburg - 21 - 0.7182
Buckley Park - 16 - 0.6278

4 rounds to go - Pascoe Vale United, St. Albans and Shakti Lions (Home) and Northern Lions (Away)

Haven’t played since Christmas, first 2 games back the opposition has forfeited

On a good run of form without getting a really big score. Last 4 knocks 48, 31, 36 and 54 on the weekend. We collapsed in a heap on Saturday. We were 3/117, all out 136. I was batting nicely after we were in early bother at 2/19. Put on 70-odd for the 3rd wicket. Got to tea 34*, passed 50 pretty quickly after the break then got absolutely roasted by me batting partner, who hit one straight to point and called yes. I stupidly back his judgement and was out by about a metre. A very disappointing way to get out, and probably the only was I was going to be dismissed. We have our work cut out defending that total…

I played in one of the most one sided days of my cricketing career on the weekend. We rolled the opposition for 56 with them showing some of the poorest application I have even seen. Our bowling was solid without shooting the lights out. In reply we managed to get to 7/246 at stumps. We decided to bat the day out rather than send them back in as our home track is best to bat on late in the day and we also also have preserved the new ball for this weekend. I was not required with the ball given we only bowled 21 overs and with the stick remained not out with a run a ball 15.

Going well we will come away with the outright win this Saturday which will put us into finals contention. We are currently 5th but the draw strangely has the top 4 playing each other over the last 3 rounds, with the bottom 4 doing the same, meaning we have great chance of climbing up.

I played in one of the most one sided days of my cricketing career on the weekend. We rolled the opposition for 56 with them showing some of the poorest application I have even seen. Our bowling was solid without shooting the lights out. In reply we managed to get to 7/246 at stumps. We decided to bat the day out rather than send them back in as our home track is best to bat on late in the day and we also also have preserved the new ball for this weekend. I was not required with the ball given we only bowled 21 overs and with the stick remained not out with a run a ball 15.

Going well we will come away with the outright win this Saturday which will put us into finals contention. We are currently 5th but the draw strangely has the top 4 playing each other over the last 3 rounds, with the bottom 4 doing the same, meaning we have great chance of climbing up.

We outrighted Moorabbin one day down at Lord’s on the wicket near the pool. Bowled them out for 50 something, went to tea at 2-40 and declared at drinks at 3-240. Our gorilla (not a bloke who’d bat well under pressure) made 150 not in about an hour. Knocked them over again in the second last over. Their captain was last out and he told his partner he’d run him out if he blocked out the over. He wasn’t coming back the next week for one wicket.

1 Like

Winning streak comes to an end.

Pascoe Vale United made 8/219 off their 35 overs and Oak Park were bowled out for 181 in reply.

Still sit 3rd however.

Got done, predictably really given we were defending 136 on a fairly flat pitch and a quick outfield. They were 1/27 overnight and we struggled to make an early breakthrough despite keeping the scoring rate below 2 an over. Watched their opener nick, nudge and just generally badger his way to 38 in the 60+ overs he faced. They passed us 4 downwith about 20 overs left, so once that occurred it gave a few of the part-time bowlers a go. I took my first wicket in a game for nearly 8 years and finished with 3/28 off 10 with my offies! Came out well and because the pitch was so dry, got some good purchase. A nice personal highlight in a largely forgettable game for the team.