Local Cricket 2016/17

Go done easily yesterday, kids bowled pretty poorly and a couple of blokes got a hold of them. Opposition made 7/212 off their 40 overs. Played on hard wicket and copped several showers during the arvo making the matting quite slippery.
We got off to a good start and we put on 93 for the first wicket with myself chopping on for 43. Went to drinks at 1/108 but once my opening partner fell for 61 we lost wickets at pretty frequent intervals and were bowled out for 164

Hard to lose games when the captain makes a 100 and the team scores 213.

St. Albans only made 143. 2 games to go - where we play the top side at home and 2nd away. We sit 3rd, a win clear inside the 4.

Back to the venue yesterday for the Footballers v Cricketers T20. Fun day had by all (I was the square leg umpire for the match).

Footballers made 170
Cricketers won by 1 wicket and 4 balls to spare.

Big win against the top side.

After making 179 we somehow managed to bowl them out for 59.

Sets up a match against 3rd (Northern Lions) at Coolaroo. With St. Albans and Pascoe Vale United just a win behind, it’s going to be a tight finish.

St. Albans (4th) v Balmoral (6th) - Errington Reserve St. Albans
Buckley Park (8th) v Pascoe Vale United (5th) - Buckley Park West Essendon
East Coburg (7th) v Shakti Lions (1st) - Jackson Reserve East Coburg
Northern Lions (3rd) v Oak Park (2nd) - Progress Reserve Coolaroo

Another win by forfeit. The team who forfeited have fallen from 3rd to 5th.

Finals this week:

Shakti Lions v Buckley Park - Hyundai Park, Taylors Hill
Oak Park v East Coburg - JP Fawkner Reserve, Oak Park
St. Albans v Balmoral - Errington Reserve, St. Albans
Pascoe Vale United v Northern Lions - ATC Cook Reserve, Jacana

Got beaten in the semi over the weekend. We got cleaned up for 92 and they passed us 4 down.

Hopefully our firsts can get the flag this weekend.

Meanwhile, in a competition not far from me…

Yackandandah vs Eskdale got a bit heated.

Played the anchor role over the weekend and still feeling it today. Put on a 175 run opening stand which is our 6th for the season before my partner was out for 137. I managed to bat until the 39th over before picking out the fielder on the fence for 79. We ended up on 2/256 from our 40 overs and skittled our opponents for 83 in the 21st over. That was the last minor round game and I finished on 567 runs from my 14 knocks, my opening partner only just shaded me with 976 runs lol.
Finished 3rd at end of minor round and haven’t got near the second placed side this year both times so time for a change of luck