Local Cricket Thread 2013/14

Just noticed that we lost the a Local Cricket Thread when we went to the new forum, so I’ve started this up again. Unfortunately we didn’t get on yesterday due to the unseasonal wet weather Perth has had in the past 2-3 weeks so we have a one-dayer next week at home. Went and watched first grade get rolled for 56 all-out against Tuart Hill, who despite the rain interruption ended up passing the total and were 1/95 at stumps. Poor day, the wicket was greenish but not as bad as our score would suggest. Our opening quick started his first over with 6 successive no-balls, all over-striding. Don’t think I’ve ever seen that before.

Anyone else fare better?

All VTCA games were called off yesterday, something like 70 grounds unavailable! Filled in for the 4ths on the matting and had a win, standard was nothing special. Pretty much first real game for 12 months or so after not playing much last season, so it was good to get back into it

Yeah we were called off as well, one dayer next week. Got a new bat this year which will hopefully change my fortunes, it would never be ability related…

Oak Park have gone up another grade and now play top level of synthetic in the North West CA.

And a first-up win at home over a Flemington Colts side stacked with turf players.

After a flying start, Flemington wre 2/59 off 8 overs...but got bowled out for 154 after 36 of a maximum 40 overs.

Oak Park started slowly, but reeled in the target finishing 7/159 off 36 overs.

All VTCA games were called off yesterday, something like 70 grounds unavailable! Filled in for the 4ths on the matting and had a win, standard was nothing special. Pretty much first real game for 12 months or so after not playing much last season, so it was good to get back into it

They've been wasting their time scheduling the first Saturday for years now. Councils don't even bother preparing the decks for Day 1.
It used to be there was a reason we didn't play day 1...no more! There was a season in the early 90s or late 80s we got in 5 days before Christmas.

Missing 3 of the first 6? weeks on bucks' & weddings. One full game in then trying to slot in in the one dayers.

Damned people.

About 5 years ago, it was the game before xmas when we completed our first 2 day game. Three games in a row the 2nd week was washed out.

Half way through our second game. We made a competitive 204 in our first game, but bowled very ordinary and Atherton got 7/300. This week we once again batted first, playing against Mulgrave, who won all three forms of cricket up here in FNQ last season and we managed a very respectable 276 off our 75 overs. Lets just hope our bowling and fielding can do the job this week.

It always felt like a fair drive heading down to play Mulgrave, didn't realise it was that direction.

Half way through our second game. We made a competitive 204 in our first game, but bowled very ordinary and Atherton got 7/300. This week we once again batted first, playing against Mulgrave, who won all three forms of cricket up here in FNQ last season and we managed a very respectable 276 off our 75 overs. Lets just hope our bowling and fielding can do the job this week.

We lost, one guy made 155 was dropped at 2nd slip off the third ball of the day. Nothing to add

We lost, one guy made 155 was dropped at 2nd slip off the third ball of the day. Nothing to add

Ouch!

Our 1s had a reasonable day with the stick.

One bloke gave a chance in his 40s and another at 170, made his 200 with 3 balls left. giving the young bloke( in his 2nd game for the club) 3 balls to make his. Hits 2 off the last ball, they go hell for leather for a 3rd that wasn’t there. Crap throw, safe on 199. Then the bowler boots the ball away, crowd goes apeshit, they both get up off the ground and made it on an overthrow.

201* & 200*, 0/425 (80)

Quick ground so that’s probably only worth 375 or so…

Records fallen left right & centre

Our 1s had a reasonable day with the stick.
One bloke gave a chance in his 40s and another at 170, made his 200 with 3 balls left. giving the young bloke( in his 2nd game for the club) 3 balls to make his. Hits 2 off the last ball, they go hell for leather for a 3rd that wasn't there. Crap throw, safe on 199. Then the bowler boots the ball away, crowd goes apeshit, they both get up off the ground and made it on an overthrow.
201* & 200*, 0/425 (80)
Quick ground so that's probably only worth 375 or so...
Records fallen left right & centre

Jesus!! Can't say I've ever heard of a score like that. The wicket must've been as flat as a tack, and/or the bowling fairly pedestrian?
Perth's ordinary weather put paid to us yesterday, play abandoned without a ball bowled, one dayer next week. It had been raining steady most of the morning but what completely extinguished any chance of playing was that there was junior cricket in the morning on our deck, despite the rain didn't go off once, wicket chewed up and the rest of the square, which had renovation work during the off-season extremely cut up. President not happy. I understand that junior cricket has to play somewhere, but fair dinkum surely they must have some ability to work out when the wicket is getting damaged and the square getting chewed up? As a result today's T20 fixture also abandoned.

Synthetic tracks

Bowling from all reports was OK, they’re missing probably their best bowler (Yze - gun) but yes I’m guessing pedestrian. Only two 6s - one of them onto the railway line about 60m past the boundary, the other 2nd last over. Just very good, disciplined strokeplay. Sledge of the day “oohhh… Into the nervous 190s”

Which comp is this? I remember playing in a Sunday Cup comp in England back in 2004, we made 1/344 off 40, I was listed at three and after the openers put on a double-century partnership, they (rightly) promoted a more aggressive player to go in ahead of me at first drop. I sat there with the pads on for 40 overs watching some very military medium pace bowling get out to the sword on a flat pitch and wished I got in on the act! I bet whoever was due in at #3 yesterday would’ve had similar feelings…

First game I ever played we got beaten by an innings with the other side not losing a wicket…only 0/212 though.

Which comp is this? I remember playing in a Sunday Cup comp in England back in 2004, we made 1/344 off 40, I was listed at three and after the openers put on a double-century partnership, they (rightly) promoted a more aggressive player to go in ahead of me at first drop. I sat there with the pads on for 40 overs watching some very military medium pace bowling get out to the sword on a flat pitch and wished I got in on the act! I bet whoever was due in at #3 yesterday would've had similar feelings...

Box Hill Reporter.

Rained off, bomber_hero ran me out. Good day.

Scored 46 and got 2 for in a win 202 to 193 in a 40 over match. Not a bad day out. Averaging in the 40's this year haha..got 44 the week before

Playing for Richmond City 4's

Scored 46 and got 2 for in a win 202 to 193 in a 40 over match. Not a bad day out. Averaging in the 40's this year haha..got 44 the week before

Playing for Richmond City 4's

Dave McIntyre still playing there? I used to work with him (I never actually worked in the same company but I was from outside - twice).