Local Footy 2015

Shocked oh have won their way up,pretty happy though.

St.Bernards are doing as they please today. Big grand final for Premier at Ikon Park next Sunday against Old Trinity.

West Brunswick won a thriller at Sandringham. 26 points down at 3/4 time, kicked 4.6 to 0.3 in the last to lead and held on despite a shot on the siren that missed everything by Emmaus St. Leos.

Macleod defeated Eltham to face Greensborough next week.

So next week’s grand finals:

VAFA:

Premier: Old Trinity v St. Bernards - Ikon Park Sunday
Premier B: St. Kevins v Old Melburnians
Premier C: Monash Blues v Old Haileybury

(Some discussion on where Premier B and Premier C and which game is at Elsternwick and which game at Sandringham! Both games on Saturday.)

NFL:

Greensborough v Macleod - Preston City Oval Saturday

EFL:

Norwood v Balwyn - Bayswater Oval Saturday

SFL:

Dingley v Mordialloc - Springvale Sunday
Oakleigh District v Murrumbeena - Cheltenham Saturday

Kind of relieved I didn't miss much by not seeing the EDFL final.

Apparently crowd was down on previous years.

One of my big fat mates and his mental brother are into the grannie in the yarra valley mountain district league, his brother told me the other day he’s gunna go Troy Cook derby style from the bounce. Means I can’t go to the VFL, but I’m looking forward to it all the same.

One of my big fat mates and his mental brother are into the grannie in the yarra valley mountain district league, his brother told me the other day he's gunna go Troy Cook derby style from the bounce. Means I can't go to the VFL, but I'm looking forward to it all the same.

Who do they play for?
Wouldn’t mind seeing a few of the Wandin guys given a (reasonable) whack

Premier B Elsternwick Saturday and Premier C Sandringham Saturday

At what point are they (VAFA) just gonna swap D3 and D4? It seems whoever gets promoted to D3 gets up to D2 the following season.

One of my big fat mates and his mental brother are into the grannie in the yarra valley mountain district league, his brother told me the other day he's gunna go Troy Cook derby style from the bounce. Means I can't go to the VFL, but I'm looking forward to it all the same.

Who do they play for?

Healesville, won through their prelim easily. Wandin are fkg good though, watched the H&A match and they controlled the game pretty comfortably. Lot of punchable heads but they look a class above.
At what point are they (VAFA) just gonna swap D3 and D4? It seems whoever gets promoted to D3 gets up to D2 the following season.

Wish I knew the answer to that.

I think what tends to happen is that promoted sides are attractive to new recruits across the board. I’m expecting SKOBS to get even more players (like they really need even more depth!) and the same out at Kew. Not sure West Brunswick is that attractive a proposition.

Similar thing happens in park cricket, teams going up from the 3rd tier to the 2nd have a knack of making finals, if not winning the whole thing. Get stuck in that 2nd tier for long and you’ll never get up. Confidence & morale go a long way.

Who do they play for?

Healesville, won through their prelim easily. Wandin are fkg good though, watched the H&A match and they controlled the game pretty comfortably. Lot of punchable heads but they look a class above.

They’ve got a pretty big cheque book out at Wandin that’s for sure
at least a dozen guys on $15,000+ for the year

Look at Deer Park.

3 straight flags in a row in the WRFL. And now they are in the top 3 clubs who will get Brendan Fevola to them. Not a bad move by playing coach MARC BULLEN!!!

I always thought he would succeed at suburban level

What did Troy Cook do in a derby?

Good pick up

Although Cook absolutely flattened Mitchell White one year, presumably he means Dale Kickett

Good pick up

Although Cook absolutely flattened Mitchell White one year, presumably he means Dale Kickett

Legit? Not him?
Bugger. My bad. I thought he was in one of the really big dustups they had.

Two ex-fark Carlton players won the Woodrow Medal for the VAFA Premier Section last night. Ross Young (University Blues) and Adam Bentick (St. Bernards).

Goulburn Valley league finals heating up. Grand final is held on Sunday after AFL. Benalla defeated top side Rochester by 31 points in 1st Semi, play Kyabram this week. Benalla hasn’t won a GF in 42 years but has a great team of mostly local lads. Should be hard to beat. Rochey play Seymour in other final.