Local Footy 2015

One of my big fat mates and his mental brother are into the grannie in the yarra valley mountain district league, his brother told me the other day he's gunna go Troy Cook derby style from the bounce. Means I can't go to the VFL, but I'm looking forward to it all the same.

What did Troy Cook do in a derby?

Good pick up

Although Cook absolutely flattened Mitchell White one year, presumably he means Dale Kickett

Legit? Not him?
Bugger. My bad. I thought he was in one of the really big dustups they had.

4:20ish
http://win-cdn220-is-2.se.bponlinewoc2264.ngcdn.telstra.com/platform_release/Sifo/1/2015-08/780638/ITM_DERBY_RIVALRY_WEB_V-1024-1082800361.mp4

Didn’t see any Dale Kickett antics at Wandin vs Healesville. Results went as expected (comfortable Wandin victory)
Pretty glad I didn’t go to the EFL final though - Balwyn smashed Norwood by 111 points

Also, spare a thought for this bloke who was due to have surgery on his right hand after the Div 4 EFL granny, and had his left collarbone fractured during the game lol
https://m.facebook.com/WarrandyteFC/photos/a.609220355781883.1073741827.221516621218927/862510160452900/?type=1&source=48&refid=17&ft=top_level_post_id.862510160452900%3Atl_objid.862510160452900

Saw a cracker of a game at Frankston. Rosebud coming from behind at 3/4 time to beat Sommerville. Not a great day for Sommerville as they lost the 2nds as well to Devon Meadows. It was Devon Meadows first ever flag.

G’day piazza just got home,dingley by 12 goals in sfl divvy 1 .at least footy season wasn’t a complete waste.also oh won premier c.wtf.

Gee I love beer.

St. Bernards’ class outlasted Old Trinity’s determination and crowd at Ikon Park earlier.

Didn't see any Dale Kickett antics at Wandin vs Healesville. Results went as expected (comfortable Wandin victory) Pretty glad I didn't go to the EFL final though - Balwyn smashed Norwood by 111 points
Yup. Crazy was the blondish bloke who missed the shot from about 35 out that killed any sort of momentum in the 3rd. Pretty flat game in the end.

And Mitcham Tigers got up, back up to 2nd div now. (Probably should’ve won it last year).

Old Haileybury 4 weeks ago were fighting to stay 4th. Saturday they won the Premier C Premiership. Some effort that.

St. Kevins arguably should have not won on Saturday. Old Melburnians were up by as much as 7 goals. But, the undefeated SKOBS remained so and for the first time since 1955 and Coburg, SKOBS are premiers and champions in Premier B.

How about dingley pazza ?

I saw some highlights of the win there led…what happened to the fence?

We have two footy clubs in my beaut little town, and the Darley Devils won the Ballarat Football League GF last weekend by about 60 points. My local team is the Bacchus March Cobras, not such a great season, but they continue to produce good AFL players. Mad Monday this week was a Classic and the Devils outdid themselves.

Port Colts have left the WRFL to head to the SFL for next season.

Grand finals this week:

Frankston YCW v Mornington in Peninsula League at Frankston
St. Josephs v Newtown/Chilwell in Geelong League at Geelong
Strathfieldsaye v Sandhurst in Bendigo League at Bendigo
Albury v Lavington in Ovens and Murray League at Lavington
Koroit v Warrnambool in Hampden League at Warrnambool
Traralgon v Leongatha in Gippsland League at Traralgon

Goulburn Valley League Prelim - Rochester v Benalla at Shepparton - winner to face Kyabram Sunday week

Port Colts have left the WRFL to head to the SFL for next season.

Grand finals this week:

Frankston YCW v Mornington in Peninsula League at Frankston
St. Josephs v Newtown/Chilwell in Geelong League at Geelong
Strathfieldsaye v Sandhurst in Bendigo League at Bendigo
Albury v Lavington in Ovens and Murray League at Lavington
Koroit v Warrnambool in Hampden League at Warrnambool
Traralgon v Leongatha in Gippsland League at Traralgon

Goulburn Valley League Prelim - Rochester v Benalla at Shepparton - winner to face Kyabram Sunday week

Patrick Karnezis has signed on at West Preston Lakeside.

Weekend winners:

Strathfieldsaye
St. Josephs
Koroit
Frankston YCW
Traralgon
Albury

Goulbun Valley Grand Final this Sunday at Shepparton - Kyabram v Benalla.

Benalla vs Kyabram. Hoping Benalla breaks their 42 year draught this Sunday. They destroyed Rochester last Sunday at the same ground they will play the Grand Final. Benalla haven’t beaten Kyabram all year but will go in favourites on Sportsbet, $1.35 to $3.35.
Game is Live streamed on GVFL Gotafe website if any one is interested. Lot of feeling in the game and heat will be on early. Expecting Kyabram to throw everything at Benalla, but their overall class should hold them through.

Anthony Rock, fresh of coaching St. Bernards to success this year, has stepped down to pursue opportunities in coaching at AFL level.

New coach for Airport West for next season is apparently…DAMIAN CUPIDO!

Meanwhile, despite turning 40 next year, Gary Moorcroft will line up in the NFL for one more year.

New coach for Airport West for next season is apparently...DAMIAN CUPIDO!

Meanwhile, despite turning 40 next year, Gary Moorcroft will line up in the NFL for one more year.

With Jarryd Hayne?
New coach for Airport West for next season is apparently...DAMIAN CUPIDO!

I can see people at the club losing their jobs over this signing if true
doesn’t have the best history of commitment does old Cupes