Local Footy 2015

Quoted Post

Brock McLean isn't playing for Aberfeldie. Got cleared there, but subsequently cleared to an unknown mob in the Alberton league.

It could be one of those one off games that former AFL players play for a country club.

Luke Tapscott playing down the Peninsula I was reading just before.

Incredibly there is still one VAFA practice match being played tonight.

St. Bedes Mentone are hosting Old Haileybury at Brindisi St. Oval from 6pm.

EDFL Premier division today, Keilor 10.5 def 7.14 Strathmore this afternoon at Lebanon Reserve. Fantastic weather and turn out.

Did Heppell jnr line up for Strathy?

Matt and Richard Little still fronting up for Strathmore?

Quoted Post

Did Heppell jnr line up for Strathy?

Not this week.

Quoted Post

Not to familiar with them. What's their numbers?

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Not to familiar with them. What's their numbers?

Maybe 5 and 6. Both single figures.

Abers have just signed former Richmond and Adelaide ruckman Angus Graham for the remainder of the season.

What this article doesn’t mention is the glorious playing career of club stalwart brem06, who retired last year following an unsuccessful reserve grade Elimination Final.

Otherwise The Age got this one pretty right…

m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/grass-boots-tallangatta-look-to-new-recruits-to-rise-up-the-ladder-20150613-ghmhfw.html

I saw my first Hampden League game yesterday, but regrettably, was a bit full to try out the chips. Sorry, DJR.

It’s a bit of an unbalanced league though. Two rubbish clubs, 4 good ones, 4 so-so. Port Fairy have been one of the rubbish ones, but not now. Went down to the Gardens, on the shore of Belfast Lough. Port Fairy vs Cobden (wearing Essendon colours). 5-3-1.0 when I got there, 14.5-3.2 when I left.

Daniel Nicholson (last few years at Melbourne) playing for Port, plus Sam Rudolph, who one of the South Aussie Blitzers was pushing up a few years back. Nicholson (broken foot) and Rudolph (shoulder reco) have only come in late, so Port are now 4th (in a final five) but just behind North Warrnambool who had a surprise loss to Camperdown away yesterday. 2nd vs 3rd and 4th vs 5th next week in Round 18. If Warrnambool beat North and Port beat Terang-Mortlake away (or even catch up the 2 percent). Cobden have brothers of Gary Rohan and Ben Cunnington playing for them. We’ve taken all the Merretts.

Good old-fashioned football where players play their positions and take high marks. I think I’m going to enjoy it.

So we come to Round 1 for most competitions tomorrow.

Despite everything that has happened to me physically, to be Premier C is truly an achievement.

So it’s out to PEGS as they host Peninsula.

Not a good start for East Keilor in their first game in the EDFL division 1, smashed by Essendon Doutta Starts by 129 points.

Quoted Post

EDFL Premier division today, Keilor 10.5 def 7.14 Strathmore this afternoon at Lebanon Reserve. Fantastic weather and turn out.

I watched it from my lounge window :slight_smile:

My old mob Mooroolbark look like they’ll struggle after losing their top half dozen players and about 5 coaches over the last 2 years

Saw a great game at Clifton Park. Abers down by 22 at 3/4 time v Greenvale, enter Kyle Reimers with 4 goals in the last term and 5 for the game to get Abers over the line by 9 points. The full bag of tricks on show, a freaky running banana shot, taking hanger about 30m out, then outbodying his opponent in the goalsquare and converting from point blank range. Brock McLean did suit up and was effective, as was Blackwell from Claremont.

Kyle Hardingham played his first game for Pascoe Vale among several high profile recruits and thrashed Avondale Heights…

Quoted Post

My old mob Mooroolbark look like they'll struggle after losing their top half dozen players and about 5 coaches over the last 2 years

Good. They pinched about half a dozen Lilydale players about 3-4 years ago as well as Brett Fisher as coach. #Karma

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
My old mob Mooroolbark look like they'll struggle after losing their top half dozen players and about 5 coaches over the last 2 years

Good. They pinched about half a dozen Lilydale players about 3-4 years ago as well as Brett Fisher as coach. #Karma

Go the mighty Noble Park Bulls …

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

They’ve all followed Fisher to Wandin along with half of Victoria
Big cheque book up there

In fairness a lot of the Lilydale boys were ex-Barker juniors eg Linford, Armstrong(?)