Local Footy 2015

Was a bit of a letdown AN10, was hoping for an Abers win but expected a far closer contest. Reimers kicked 4.5 and one out on the full, 3 posters. Got to say it was a perfect day for it!

Abers knocked over Pascoe Vale by 12 goals.

Reimers 4 goals.

Bugger…meant to have a look butgot caught up on the other side of town.

Didn’t get bail quick enough?

Abers knocked over Pascoe Vale by 12 goals.

Reimers 4 goals.

Bugger…meant to have a look butgot caught up on the other side of town.

Didn’t get bail quick enough?

Bailed up

Big win by West Coburg over Airport West Digby Morell pulled on the boots for west .

Glenroy broke the ice and had a big win over the oak park boys in division 1.

Big win by West Coburg over Airport West Digby Morell pulled on the boots for west .

Glenroy broke the ice and had a big win over the oak park boys in division 1.

Big upset and fair bit of bragging rights there.

Therry had racked up a staggering home record at JP Fawkner in recent years. Their record at home was 21-0 over that time. Someone forgot to tell Old Ivanhoe. The joint Premier C leaders (with Monash Blues and Marcellin) showed the home side a clean pair of heels.

Sets up a ripping match of the day this week at the Pine Lodge as the ■■■■’s host Marcellin.

Sad hearing of the Northern Saints reserves player collapsing and passing away. Condolences to the club and family.

In other news Brendan Iezzi, the captain and driving force of Old Trinity, who are on top of Premier, injured his knee on the weekend. An MRI scan revealed he has done the meniscus, MCL and ACL of that knee and as a result will miss the rest of the year.

Geelong Football League continue to reign as Victorian Country Champions as a result of the matches 2 weeks ago. Biggest upset came from the Riddell League, who due to circumstances, would face the Nepean League and beat them handsomely.

This week says many clubs and players have the week off - but - there is still local footy on tomorrow:

Reboot’s Noble Park take on Balwyn at home. Balwyn had a recruiting spree over summer, landing Tom Roach and John Meesen amongst others.

A Victorian Metro championship combined side is headed to Brisbane to take on AFL Queensland.

All the Ammos are heading off to the snow…the real people are still playing footy.

A good trivia question - who are the 3 players to have played 256 games of VFL and AFL football, and what else do they have in common?

And the Port Fairy Seagulls have had a resurgence, winning their last 2 games. Gave Warrnambool a kicking in the Bool last weekend.

Camperdown are still undefeated (Scotty Lucas’s old club, although they’re the Magpies) and play the Seagulls tomorrow.

Scott Gumbleton had a day out for Banyule against Heidelberg West…7 of the best.

The Vic Metro combined side showed AFL Queensland a clean pair of heels up at Burpengary.

The EDFL have handed down their decision on the head count involving Strathmore and Greenvale. The latter were found to have had 18 on the ground despite the production of a red card and the score at the time got wiped.

However…in a twist, will still win 6.10 to 5.6.

And a strange story involving an obscure rule in the Wimmera over the weekend.

The umpires in a particular match started the second half of a match with only one team on the ground. The team not on the ground were lucky to not be scored against. had that happened, the match would have been declared over.

The EDFL have handed down their decision on the head count involving Strathmore and Greenvale. The latter were found to have had 18 on the ground despite the production of a red card and the score at the time got wiped.

The umpires in a particular match started the second half of a match with only one team on the ground. The team not on the ground were lucky to not be scored against. had that happened, the match would have been declared over.

Why is that so? My understanding is that is if the team on the ground scored a goal there would be a bounce. In the old days if there was a point scored then there would be a chance for the absent team to set up as they would have to kick in (unless they still had not taken the field). However now there is a compulsion for the defending side to kick in and if they did not do so in a reasonable time then the attacking side would have a free kick from the top of the goalsquare.

Bit of a personal thing for me here. Before i got crook in a big way, i was going reasonably well as an umpire, well ensconced in the VAFA top 20.

Well it’s taken until now for me to get the confidence in my body and mind to get back to that level, which will happen on Saturday at Caulfield.

Bit of a personal thing for me here. Before i got crook in a big way, i was going reasonably well as an umpire, well ensconced in the VAFA top 20.

Well it’s taken until now for me to get the confidence in my body and mind to get back to that level, which will happen on Saturday at Caulfield.

I thought you were a goal umpire pazman?

I am!

I’d love to be healthy enough to run in the field…but…

a. I can’t bounce
b. I can’t run any more than i already do

Damn!

Just watched my first local game for the year(first half ),doveton v berwick,looks like the doveton sniping tradition is alive and well.im not concerned as my team dingley don’t play in that comp anymore.

Premier B match of the day was an absolute fizzer as SKOBS smashed St. Bedes to the tune of 92 points. The loss sends the latter to 4th, thanks also to massive wins by Old Melburnians and Old Brighton.

Across the Ammos, there were a number of one-sided matches.

Big winners were St. Bernards (116), Old Brighton (108), Old Melburnians (87), St. Kevins (92), Marcellin (109), Old Geelong (131), Ivanhoe (85), Emmaus St. Leos (75), Mt. Lilydale (167), Westbourne (92), Box Hill North (130).

St. Bernards and Old Trinity lead Premier with 9 wins, 2.5 wins clear of Old Carey, with University Blacks a further half game back. University Blues, Old Xavs and Collegians are a game out of the 4.

In Premier B, St. Kevins have now won 11 straight, 3 games clear of Old Melburnians, who are a game clear of Old Brighton and St. Bedes. 2 games out of the 4 are Hampton Rovers and Ajax.

Premier C is incredibly tight. Percentage only separates the top 3 sides, Marcellin, Monash Blues and Old Ivanhoe. Haileybury a game back in 4th, with Peninsula and Oakleigh 2 games out.

Division 1 has Kew undefeated, Ormond a game behind and Old Geelong a game further back. 2 wins behind them but 2 games clear inside the 4 are St. Mary’s Salesian. North Old Boys are next best, but, with only 5 wins to this point probably can’t make it.

Ivanhoe head Division 2 on 10 wins, St. Johns are a game behind, with Old Paradians a game behind that. Eltham sit 4th on 7 wins, with Northern Blues a game out of the 4.

Emmaus St. Leos are the 3rd team in the competition undefeated, leading Division 3. West Brunswick are a game behind, then Aquinas, UHS/VU, Hawthorn and Glen Eira - top 6 in Division 3.

The 4th and final undefeated senior team in the Ammos is Canterbury in Division 4. A 2 game break to Westbourne and Point Cook, and a further 2 game break to Box Hill North and North Brunswick. Parkside and Mount Lilydale a game behind those 2.

Fair amount of drama happening in Melbourne’s south and the Mornington Peninsula.

All of it centres around the Mornington Peninsula Nepean Football League.

The member clubs of the Nepean League section and the Peninsula League section have joined as one in moving a vote of no-confidence in the board of the MPNFL.

Casey cardinia broke away last year.havent looked back,strong comp.

Went to watch my old mob Mooroolbark play a Doncaster side with Nathan Thompson, Ben Johnson and Heath Scotland.
Doncaster are a strong D2 side, but fair to say the Barkers are struggling
The ressies got obliterated as well
Imo they’re paying the price for not putting games into the young guys from 2005-2009 and instead playing all the 30+ guys after a flag. Once they went up from D3 this stopped, but by that stage most of the guys from the good under 18 sides had moved on (myself included)