Local Footy 2016

I have moved to my third umpiring association after another falling out i am thinking i am close to 600 games but both association have deleted my records sadly

Keep your own would be my tip.

And as for falling out…maybe there is something you can do to change that…just sayin…

The first association i did 400 ish went to a further away association did 49

Went back to the first did my 500 carrer game in round 14 last year left round 10 this year done 5 with them

1st time i left my best friends girlfriend cheated on the director of umpiring wife and he wanted me and my best mate gone

2nd time was constant bullying and not getting close games and travel

@The_Mad_Bomber
I know that feeling sorry to hear that some people are ■■■■■

I have done goals and field first year in boundary then goals ever since done tac cup vline cup interleague etc if all my games got added i would be on 700 ish

Not bad at 24 i am going at a low end guess of 554 games

That is a lot of games for a youngster @11kgm (and at a pretty high standard too). I thought I would have done a lot more than I have but I guess going from an association where I was doing 22 rounds plus finals a year fitness permitting to AGS school footy where there are 8 games per season would but doing the firsts and the seconds if they were on different days would explain it. Some central umpires in the AGS and APS would have done something like 70 games a season school games, their local league and some midweek games. Even though they were central umpires that is still a lot of games.

Wait a sec…your best mate’s girlfriend cheated on the director of umpiring’s wife (ie she slept with the director?) or she slept with the director’s wife and he did not like that his wife slept with another lady?

That is a lot of games for a youngster @11kgm (and at a pretty high standard too). I thought I would have done a lot more than I have but I guess going from an association where I was doing 22 rounds plus finals a year fitness permitting to AGS school footy where there are 8 games per season would but doing the firsts and the seconds if they were on different days would explain it. Some central umpires in the AGS and APS would have done something like 70 games a season school games, their local league and some midweek games. Even though they were central umpires that is still a lot of games.

Wait a sec…your best mate’s girlfriend cheated on the director of umpiring’s wife (ie she slept with the director?) or she slept with the director’s wife and he did not like that his wife slept with another lady?

As a goal umpire we are required to do 2/3 games per saturday and as a field umpire most sundays i was doing under 10s then a girls game

That would be hard to do that as a boundary our league is fairly average but still most of the boundaries do 1 maybe 2 games per round which is how come we race ahead of you

She slept with the director it turned out to be a mad house, the field umpire coaches wife cheated on him and because he was a copper he threatened to kill her so he left the area, the presidents wife left him the fall out was massive

Wow! That is quite a story. Lots of cops (teachers, posties and Telstra workers) umpire from my experience.

Wow! That is quite a story. Lots of cops (teachers, posties and Telstra workers) umpire from my experience.

i know 3 posities, 3 teachers, 2 cops

We have a RAAF base here so lots of RAAF people and farmers

Perhaps Eastie Boi can comment on this better than me..but 5 divisions in the Eastern?

After a hiatus after that disgusting deliberate out of bounds call in the Dream Time game I am back.

Tbh this is the first I’ve heard of 5 divisions. Can’t say I like it, existing clubs are struggling for numbers in the 2s in lower divisions. If anything they could do with less sides eg cull down to 10 a division cap

Premier to Premier C have yet another bye this week (as if 2 byes before finals wasn’t enough!)

Premier to Premier C have yet another bye this week (as if 2 byes before finals wasn't enough!)
Snow fields?
Perhaps Eastie Boi can comment on this better than me..but 5 divisions in the Eastern?

After a hiatus after that disgusting deliberate out of bounds call in the Dream Time game I am back.

Tbh this is the first I’ve heard of 5 divisions. Can’t say I like it, existing clubs are struggling for numbers in the 2s in lower divisions. If anything they could do with less sides eg cull down to 10 a division cap

The one where Bags didn’t do his knee because he did not land on a 10c piece on the Southern Stand wing and instead took a step out of bounds?

If so then yeah probably the worst non kicked deliberate out of bounds I have seen.

The one where Bags didn’t do his knee because he did not land on a 10c piece on the Southern Stand wing and instead took a step out of bounds?

If so then yeah probably the worst non kicked deliberate out of bounds I have seen.

That is the one.

On a side note - I’ve seen a half dozen games of the division 2 women’s league this year (culminating in a 3.1.19 to 2.3.15 final in perfect conditions on Werribee’s ground), and I’m going to make a big call and say that an 16A boys side would win by 10 goals any day of the week.
It’s literally like watching U13s in slightly bigger bodies (you know how in younger ages of juniors you always get that kid who sorta just stands there and does nothing? yeah . . . . there’s a half dozen of those in every side).

Recently discovered there was a considerable amount of opposition towards the women’s league starting this early (got told the original plan was 2020) from within the current women’s domestic comp. They would have much preferred that the $$$ went to better coaching etc at the lower levels first.

That is the one.

On a side note - I’ve seen a half dozen games of the division 2 women’s league this year (culminating in a 3.1.19 to 2.3.15 final in perfect conditions on Werribee’s ground), and I’m going to make a big call and say that an 16A boys side would win by 10 goals any day of the week.
It’s literally like watching U13s in slightly bigger bodies (you know how in younger ages of juniors you always get that kid who sorta just stands there and does nothing? yeah . . . . there’s a half dozen of those in every side).

Recently discovered there was a considerable amount of opposition towards the women’s league starting this early (got told the original plan was 2020) from within the current women’s domestic comp. They would have much preferred that the $$$ went to better coaching etc at the lower levels first.

Having umpired women’s footy for three years its ■■■■ but a good perv

Mooroolbark seniors have made the finals (barely) but have lost their full back and arguably best player (Bonuda) for probably the year to a knee injury

Vermont would love having the week off.

St. Bernards will finally go down to Premier B a year after being the best team in the VAFA.

Mooroolbark seniors and reserves both through to the second week of finals (ones with the second chance and ressies winning an elimination final today)
Darebin goes straight through to the women’s grand final with a 119-7 win over St Kilda. AFL might want to look at evening up the second tier comps if their national league is to be successful in the long term

Can the Hedgeburners finally get that elusive VAFA Premier premiership?

After finishing on top of the table, Old Trinity have their best ever chance of winning the flag after losing to St. Bernards by 8 points last year in Trinity’s first appearance on the final Sunday.

They last had final weekend success in 1999 in Premier B.

EDFL Preliminary - Aberfeldie v Greenvale (Coburg); Division 1 GF - Craigieburn v Tullamarine (Windy Hill); Division 2 GF - Roxburgh Park v East Keilor (Windy Hill).

WRFL Preliminary - Hoppers Crossing v Altona (Werribee); Division 2 GF - Yarraville Seddon v Caroline Springs (Werribee); Division 3 GF - Newport Power v Parkside (Tarneit).

EFL Division 1 2nd Semi - Vermont v Balwyn (Bayswater); 1st Semi - Rowville v Noble Park (Ringwood); Division 2 Preliminary - Mooroolbark v Wantirna South (Boronia); Division 3 Preliminary - Templestowe v Ringwood (East Burwood); Division 4 GF - Ferntree Gully v Forest Hill (Nunawading).

NFL Division 1 2nd Semi - Heidelberg v Macleod (Preston); 1st Semi - Greensborough v Bundoora (Preston); Division 2 Preliminary - Hurstbridge v Diamond Creek (Epping); Division 3 GF - Epping v Watsonia (Whittlesea).

SFL Division 1 Qualifying - Bentleigh v Oakleigh District (Springvale); Division 1 Elimination - Clayton v East Malvern (Springvale); Division 2 Qualifying - Chelsea Heights v Caulfield (Cheltenham); Division 2 Elimination - Skye v Highett (Cheltenham); Division 3 2nd Semi - Mount Waverley v Ashwood (Heatherton) Division 3 1st Semi - Doveton Eagles v Hallam (Heatherton)

VAFA Premier 2nd Semi - Old Trinity v University Blues (Elsternwick); Premier 1st Semi - Old Xaverians v University Blacks (Elsternwick); Premier B 2nd Semi - Beaumaris v St. Bedes Mentone (Sandringham); Old Scotch v Monash Blues (Sandringham); Premier C 2nd Semi - Caulfield Grammarians v Mazenod (St. Bernards); Premier C 1st Semi - Peninsula v Old Ivanhoe (Northcote); Division 1 Preliminary - Old Geelong v PEGS (Northcote); Division 2 Preliminary - West Brunswick v Preston (Parade College Bundoora); Division 3 1st Preliminary - Glen Eira v Latrobe Uni (St. Bernards); Division 3 2nd Preliminary - Hawthorn Amateurs v Power House (St. Bernards Number 2 oval); Division 4 Preliminary - Point Cook v Mount Lilydale (Westbourne Grammar Truganina)

Doing my second only senior final in 12 years for my new association

This week’s finals:

VAFA Premier - University Blues v Old Xaverians (Prelim - Elsternwick Sunday)
Premier B - Beaumaris v Old Scotch (Prelim - Elsternwick Saturday)
Premier C - Caulfield Grammarians v Peninsula (Prelim - Sandringham Saturday)
Division 1 - Old Mentonians v Old Geelong (Grand - Coburg Saturday)
Division 2 - St. Johns v Preston (Grand - Casey Fields Saturday)
Division 3 - Glen Eira v Hawthorn (Grand - Coburg Sunday)
Division 4 - Old Westbourne v Point Cook (Grand - St. Bernards Saturday)

EFL Division 1 - Balwyn v Noble Park (Prelim - Bayswater Saturday)
Division 2 - Bayswater v Wantirna South (Grand - Boronia Saturday)
Division 3 - Upper Ferntree Gully v Templestowe (Grand - East Burwood Sunday)

WRFL - Deer Park v Hoppers Crossing (Grand - Werribee Saturday)

EDFL - Keilor v Aberfeldie (Grand - Windy Hill Saturday)

NFL Division 1 - Heidelberg v Greensborough (Prelim - Preston Sunday)
Division 2 - North Heidelberg v Hurstbridge (Grand - Preston Saturday)

SFNL Division 1 - Dingley v Oakleigh District (2nd Semi - Springvale Saturday) and Bentleigh v East Malvern (1st Semi - Springvale Sunday)
Division 2 - Port Colts v Caulfield (2nd Semi - Cheltenham Saturday) and Chelsea Heights v Skye (1st Semi - Cheltenham Sunday)
Division 3 - Ashwood v Doveton (Prelim - Heatherton Saturday)

Premiers list from last weekend: Old Geelong, Preston, Glen Eira, Old Westbourne, Deer Park, Keilor, Bayswater, Upper Ferntree Gully, Hurstbridge.

This week’s finals:

VAFA Premier - Old Trinity v Old Xaverians (Ikon Park Carlton - Sunday)
Premier B - St. Bedes Mentone v Beaumaris (Trevor Barker Oval Sandringham - Saturday)
Premier C - Mazenod v Peninsula (Elsternwick Park - Saturday)
EFL Division 1 - Vermont v Balwyn (Bayswater Oval - Saturday - will be at the match)
NFL Division 1 - Macleod v Heidelberg (Preston - Saturday)
SFNL Division 1 Preliminary Final - Bentleigh v Oakleigh District (Springvale - Sunday - the winner to play Dingley next week)
SFNL Division 2 Preliminary Final - Caulfield v Chelsea Heights (Cheltenham - Saturday - winner meets Port Colts)
SFNL Division 3 - Mount Waverley v Ashwood (Heatherton - Saturday)

Some grand final previews:

Old Trinity v Old Xaverians. It’s case of the team long overdue for the ultimate success versus the team that just loves September. Xavs have won this premiership so often in the last 20 years it’s actually arugbably too good for the level it plays. So much so it’s Xavs 15th grand final at this level in the last 20…winning 11…and 1995 as well. Trinity lost last year’s encounter on this day by 8 points. Just get this feeling Sunday’s final has the Hedgeburners getting up in a classic.

St. Bedes v Beaumaris. Trevor Barker Oval will be full for this local derby. Grand finals at Trevor Barker are a great sight, particularly when 2 bayside teams go at - Saturday will be no exception. Beaumaris would be favourites for mine, but, expect a ripper.

Vermont v Balwyn. The 2 best teams in the east going at it one more time. With a draw between both sides already this year it’s going to be fun to watch. Vermont to get up.