Looking for 2 bombers games 1984-1985

guys

i posted this on the forum a couple of years back, but it got lost in the last hacking job.

I am on the lookout for 2 essendon victories:

1984 r4 v melbourne at vfl park on easter monday - essendon won 17.24.126 to melb 14.7.91, salmon kicked 4.7

1985 r11 v sydney at windy hill, essendon won 17.11.113 to 11.5.71.

both games were televised by both ch 2 and ch 7, i have contacted both stations, neither can help me with footage. I have tried name a game/sports delivered, the competing clubs, essendon gave me a flat "no", the other 2 clubs apologised but couldnt assist me. I have tried youtube, torrents, ebay, all no good.

I need to find someone who has these games on an old vhs tape if possible. i can convert tapes to dvd very easily if that helps at all.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

thank you

Quoted Post

I maybe able to help you.

Ianmarsh

can you please send me a pm about this?

Gees, Crawf, if this latest appeal doesn't work I suspect you'll be screwed.

It may be a longshot but if you could somehow get in contact with Sheeds, maybe via GWS, he has/had an enormous library of football videos. It may be worth a try.

It may be a longshot but if you could somehow get in contact with Sheeds, maybe via GWS, he has/had an enormous library of football videos. It may be worth a try.

i have already tried this avenue, and i never got a reply, sounded like a great idea though, in theory

I maybe able to help you.

Would love to see these sort of games end up on YouTube.

The 84/85 teams had a reunion golf day today at the Sands in Torquay.

edit :organised by Glen Hawker and attended by players from the 80,s its an annual golfing event.
Stan Carey Peter Bennett were there and prank of the day went to Vanders.
Getting TD teeing off with an exploding golf ball .