Looking towards the pies - ANZAC day

Can't agree on the Howlett dropping. At least he can go in and try and get his own ball. Zaka at the moment is...I don't know but he smells bad and I'd be dropping him before Howlett.
Goddard and Licha for Ashby and...Leroy? Hardy? I don't know. Actaully just drop Zaka. Come back week after with a little fire in his belly hopefully.

Howlett is a square peg in a round hole at the moment, for about 2 mins in the 3rd they started Zaha at half forward while Howlett was off, would have liked to see that switch settle in a bit

In: a forward line

Will be good having Winderlich back, but we badly need Goddard to get up for this one. I doubt they’ll play T-Bell after just the one game in the VFL…plus I can’t see Bomber dropping Daniher for his first ever Anzac Day game (and I’m pretty sure that none of the other talls will get the axe).

We spent most of preseason working on a system where we had Carlisle and Daniher forward with the resting ruck man and the first week this might actually happen people want to drop one of them, and it be Daniher who had probably been the better forward of the 2.

Blitz

Lol

I think with either belly or Ryder going forward will have a very positive effect on our forward line. It will reduce the quality of defenders on Carlisle and JD, add a marking target, and bring the ball to ground for Chappy, Licha and Leroy.

Going on the theory some of you are using, I would drop Stanton for being 1of the dumbest players on our list, but I will be shot down because he gets plenty of the ball.

I don’t care who ■■■■■■ plays - just let them go out there and let the pies know they are in a game of football. Don’t let them prance around thinking all they have to do is warm up and the game is over.

I’m sick and tired of this from Essendon. Every time its the same - play a good game or two and they think they have the world at their feet. Do you see that from Hawthorn? I don’t know if its club culture or what, but its about time they realised we’re not living in the 80’s any more.

I think with either belly or Ryder going forward will have a very positive effect on our forward line. It will reduce the quality of defenders on Carlisle and JD, add a marking target, and bring the ball to ground for Chappy, Licha and Leroy.

TBell in, and JD back to the magoos. The kid is trying, but is nowhere near physically ready.

TBell in, and JD back to the magoos. The kid is trying, but is nowhere near physically ready.
he is not physically ready to have the oppositions best defender on him, no, but, he needs games where he is not our best forward on paper, and he needs games full stop

If we let Maxwell play loose across half back I’ll go ■■■■■■■ spare.

he is not physically ready to have the oppositions best defender on him, no, but, he needs games where he is not our best forward on paper, and he needs games full stop

He needs to play in the magoos for a while as "the man". That's what his position demands he be, and he needs some time amongst players who are at his development level. And more drugs and gym time. I reckon Bags would win a strength comp against him. Having both your key forwards learning on the job at the same time is far from ideal as well imo. Joe is the future not the present. Nuture him, don't waste/break him.

I realise form lines this season have been all over the shop, but I can’t select us to win this week.

Goddard is super important.Perhaps our MVP.

Yes, even more valuable than Jobe given he plays mid, and is a genuine goalkicker forward of centre.

Don’t think he will come up for this Friday.

Belly is too underdone, thus shouldn’t be selected.

Meaning we go in with the same diabolical forwardline.

Collingwood probably aren’t a Top 4 side, but they are certainly a Finals quality side, and they will have our measure I fear.

At 2 - 4, our Top 4 aspirations are shot, therefore, forget about a tilt at the Flag.

We need to plan ahead for 2015.

Make a call on Carlisle/Hurley, and stick to it.

Personally, I’ve seen enough of Carlisle forward.

Was disappointing against Cheney in Rd.2 (no virus ), and last night was ****.

For mine, Carlisle/Hooker/Fletch in defence, and Belly/Hurls/JD forward.

Regardless of form, JD plays 2-3 games out of every 4.

Form is irrelevant.He needs to get to 40 games ASAP.

Play him ANZAC Day, then give him a week off.

Odd game in the 2’s won’t hurt him either in the 2nd half of the year.

Last night was the most disappointed I’ve felt since the 2001 GF.

Yes, that is including the Melb loss 2012, the Bris loss 2013, the 2011 Elim Final.

Truly, I thought we were better in 2014… we’re not !

He needs to play in the magoos for a while as "the man". That's what his position demands he be, and he needs some time amongst players who are at his development level. And more drugs and gym time. I reckon Bags would win a strength comp against him. Having both your key forwards learning on the job at the same time is far from ideal as well imo. Joe is the future not the present. Nuture him, don't waste/break him.
going to have to disagree with you on that. If any forward has to be dropped and I don't want any of them to be, it has to be Carlilse. He has been shithouse. But back to joe, I think he needs to be in the seniors, as a forward, that's it, and one where the best defender is no on him. Dropping eithe just renders Belly and Paddy in effective.

going to have to disagree with you on that. If any forward has to be dropped and I don't want any of them to be, it has to be Carlilse. He has been shithouse. But back to joe, I think he needs to be in the seniors, as a forward, that's it, and one where the best defender is no on him. Dropping eithe just renders Belly and Paddy in effective.

Oh dear ...........................

So without Joe, Paddy and TBell are useless?

Just wow

If we let Maxwell play loose across half back I'll go ******* spare.

Prepare to go ******* spare. Maxwell will play as a traditional half back, and Essendon's half forward will be up the ground doing god only knows what.
Maxwell to have 40 uncontested possessions - has happened nearly every week in 2014 and none of the coaching
genius's have attempted to counter it. Expect more of the same on Anzac Day.

Bring in Belly, and Pears either as a forward or to let Hooker go forward.
Both are likely to offer more than Daniher and Carlisle

This game needs to be designated a "no excuses" game - no excuses for travel or bug/virus or anything else.

It's a mindset change we need, not necessarily a player change.

IN: Goddard, Winderlich, Bellchambers

OUT: Daniher, Jetta, Ashby

B: Baguley, Hooker, Fletcher

HB: Hibberd, Hurley, Heppell

C: Melksham, Watson, Goddard

HF: Winderlich, Carlisle, Chapman

F: Merrett, Bellchambers, Hardingham

R: Ryder, Stanton, Hocking

INT: Howlett, Myers, Gleeson, Zaharakis (SUB)

Daniher is not giving us enough of a contest, not his fault but at present he is not strong enough to be an AFL key forward. Bellchambers slightly underdone is still a far better prospect than JD right now. Ashby slightly unlucky. Zaka? I reckon making him sub on Anzac Day would be a kind of rocket without dropping him completely. He would also be a great impact player in the 2nd half. Hopefully Goddard is fit enough to play, Licha an automatic in.

I realise form lines this season have been all over the shop, but I can't select us to win this week.
Goddard is super important.Perhaps our MVP.
Yes, even more valuable than Jobe given he plays mid, and is a genuine goalkicker forward of centre.
Don't think he will come up for this Friday.
Belly is too underdone, thus shouldn't be selected.
Meaning we go in with the same diabolical forwardline.
Collingwood probably aren't a Top 4 side, but they are certainly a Finals quality side, and they will have our measure I fear.
At 2 - 4, our Top 4 aspirations are shot, therefore, forget about a tilt at the Flag.
We need to plan ahead for 2015.
Make a call on Carlisle/Hurley, and stick to it.
Personally, I've seen enough of Carlisle forward.
Was disappointing against Cheney in Rd.2 (no virus ), and last night was ****.
For mine, Carlisle/Hooker/Fletch in defence, and Belly/Hurls/JD forward.
Regardless of form, JD plays 2-3 games out of every 4.
Form is irrelevant.He needs to get to 40 games ASAP.
Play him ANZAC Day, then give him a week off.
Odd game in the 2's won't hurt him either in the 2nd half of the year.
Last night was the most disappointed I've felt since the 2001 GF.
Yes, that is including the Melb loss 2012, the Bris loss 2013, the 2011 Elim Final.
Truly, I thought we were better in 2014........... we're not !

No one's thinking ahead to 2015 so early in the 2014 season. Plenty of teams are dropping unexpected games, 5 or 6 losses can still get you top 4.
I believe they already are sticking to a call on Carlisle/Hurley, which is why they haven't switched them at all this season, including last night when so many here wanted them switched for some reason.

Oh dear ...........................

So without Joe, Paddy and TBell are useless?

Just wow

Christ. I didn't say that. I'm saying Ryder and belly will be more effective forward when other key forwards are down there too. They where both good in that role last year when they shared a forward line with crameri and Hurley.