Luke Parker

Actually it says more about Blitz’s ability to play hindsight recruiter Ad nauseam.

2 Likes

As Ant says, … the need for the AFL to threaten? … no.

Mandate?, … well, let’s say “suggest” a quota. But again, they’d hardly need to, I’m sure they’re all on the same page anyway.

Out of all the conspiracy theory and coach bashing and player bashing stuff on this forum, thats one of the most idiotic things i’ve read here.

3 Likes

Until he posts again.

1 Like

We got smashed in contested possessions all year. If this guy were put up for trade I would give them pick 11 in a heartbeat. With one recruit you fix one of our major deficiencies. Still think it’s implausible.

Luke Parker is who I believe Darcy Parish will become.

Another pre season or two and he will be right up there.

2 Likes

Disco “upside” special

Do we honestly think Parker would be the same player he is now, if we drafted him at 31?

No chance imo.

5 Likes

That is a very good point. Sydney develop players like no other club. Any player that cant make it at sydney won’t make it anywhere. There are a lot of players in that team that would have been delisted eksewhere as they wouldnt have been developed as well

They wouldn’t take that deal though.

The 12 months out of the game would have affected him

But really he’d have been played in the forward pocket for 5 years because the balance with him and Jobe in the same midfield wouldn’t have worked, and we’d have been smashed on the spread at the G. He’d probably have been turned into a defensive forward, Monfries style.

I think he would have been Sam Lonergan. Honest battler, that wins plenty of contested footy but doesn’t do enough on the outside to be a great midfielder.

While I think it is a valid point that Sydney seem to do a great job of developing players, Parker isn’t an example of it. He pretty much started playing in his first season just like he plays now. He might have got a bit stronger and have more endurance through age and pre seasons, but he was what he is now, right from early in his first season. I know because I watched him pretty closely in those early days, having known of him from his local sport as a kid.

So Zerrett should have 3 Brownlows by now

This is as excited as I’ve ever been about a player, we’ll never get him but holy moly imagine if we we did.

3 Likes

Seriously where does a rumour like this come from?

He’s contracted until 2021.

What would be Sydney’s motivation? I mean what’s his?

3 Likes

Swans mate said hadnt heard any rumor about parker leaving.
He’s contracted and the vice Captain, not going anywhere.

No chance of this happening unless hes going to Geelong.

2 Likes

In the original interview with Dodoro when he said expect the unexpected, he specifically said he expected more contracted players to move this year.

I could see Sydney’s motivation for this. They might want to change their mix a little bit because, as good as they are, their current mix isn’t getting them over the line.
They have plenty of big bodied inside mids, so it probably doesn’t hurt them hugely to lose Parker.
It would free up cap space (which wouldn’t hurt them either).

1 Like