Luke Parker

Can a 3rd team pay a percentage of a players wage in a trade. Say for example Tippet was to go to the Dogs, could we pay a fair part of his wage as a part of a 3 way trade with Sydney?

Stupid question… anything is possible in the AFL.

1 Like

Happened last year with Vickery and Mayne. The rest of the comp figured it was worth chipping in to make sure Hawthorn and Collingwood were utter tripe.

*mnbt

6 Likes

And they have Heeney and Mills to move into more permanent midfield spots.

Ahm…this thread.

3 Likes

seriously parker is one of the best midfielders of the game, after giving away mitchell for peanuts, there is legitimately 0 chance of parker getting forced out

what a bizzare rumor, what a bizzare thread

4 Likes

Disagree. Losing Parker this year after losing Tom Mitchell last year would be horrendous for them. They are both 24 and is/were the next in line to fill the gaping hole Kennedy makes when he declines in a few years. Did you see how good Parker was against us? Sydney are not trading that machine. As for cap space, I see them releasing Tippet who is on big coin. ■■■■ they are strong on all lines, still have nightmares from our last game.

I dub thee Puke Larker.

2 Likes

We were into him last time he was in contract negotiations.

I believe that is correct langford.

A pretty loyal individual is Luke Parker, so I doubt he would leave unless he was told to. I believe he knocked back a scholarship at a more prestigious private school to stay at a private school with his mates. The school in question was the only one to have supplied 2 players to go as number one picks (until we took Andy McGrath from Brighton Grammar as far as I am aware).