Lunchtime Catch Up Podcast - Bombers beat Crows through defensive pressure

Has Green gone blonde as well?

Nah mate, that’s a result of a few years playing for Essington.

That trophy has exactly the same body proportions are Green!

Stewart lives. Yay.

(thought he had disappeared into the black hole of oblivion)

1 Like

Just a note we are keeping all the Podcasts to this one thread…so be sure to check it out for new shows coming out.

We have a very fun Podcast coming up this weekend with Popular US sports writer, reporter and host of the famous Podcast “Game Theory” Sam Vecenie. Sam is an American Journalist but also a MAD Essendon supporter and watches every game from his home in LA. He wanted to come on to talk Essendon…especially trade week which will be different from a US Essendon fan perpective. We might cover a bit of US sports too

4 Likes

Here it is!!! Popular US Sports Writer and Podcast Host Sam Vecenie joins the show to discuss his love of Essendon FC thanks to his Aussie partner and how he views Trade Week from afar. We also go through some trade scenerios that we think could play out. We close with some NBA talk. Sam’s knowledge of Essendon and the AFL would rival any guest we have had on locally. This is not to be missed.

5 Likes

Interesting his take on Dodoro

1 Like

His experience with dealing with NBA trades and building lists does give Sam a unique perspective

Man for only following the game for 4/5 years this bloke knows a hell of a lot. Very impressed.

3 Likes

Your friend Sam talks a lot of sense. Big thanks to him for taking the time to you.

1 Like

Sam seems to have a more thorough AFL knowledge than the accredited AFL journalists.

Amazing

4 Likes

I was genuinely shocked at the knowledge and understanding of the game Sam had. We discussed after the Podcast that he will be on a number of times next year

4 Likes

Good result. Getting a few interesting regulars on 3-4 times a season gives a lot of variety and adds to the quality of the show.

2 Likes

That blows my mind, I listen to the game theory I had no idea he was an Essendon man!

4 Likes

Yes game theory is great too

1 Like

haven’t seen anyone really say it other than ‘deranged essendon fans’

i personally think hes beyond his best before.

Enjoyed the podcast. Sometimes it’s good to get an outside view from somebody who is clearly a professional in another sport (NBA). Even though an Essendon supporter, he doesn’t seem to have the baggage most of us have. It’s interesting he mentions how if he got it as wrong as our journalists he’d Be raked over the coals by his editor. Ours just use the scattergun approach.

2 Likes

Sam is the best guest the podcast has had. Really had alot of knowledge of our game for a bloke who started following the AFL in 2014.
Please have him on again

9 Likes

That dude almost puts me to shame, and I’ve got a 15 year head start on him.

Of course, I have 15 more years of baggage, because when I jumped on we were GOOD.

2 Likes

He will definately be back and cheers for feedback

1 Like