Lunchtime Catch Up Podcast - Bombers huge win over Giants- Ridley and Baldwin interview also

@THE_DON1 :eyes:

Bailey Humphrey

10 Likes

Here it is!!! Our first public free main show of 2023. We discuss at length Pre-Season Training so far. Who is standing out out & what are the concerns. Scooter also covers the Stringer v Redman incident after seeing it first hand on Friday. Link below

12 Likes

Loved the Patreon stuff over the break as well mate. :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Cheers mate. We really wanted to focus on making sure people got quality shows for their $

3 Likes

Great show guys. Good to have you back.

Was just able to download on the cruise. Will be good listening whilst out of contact.

Hey mate can you post on the Patreon as well, I like to play the pods from that app and I get the notifications from there as well, so I actually didn’t get notified there was a new episode yet

Cheers Saucy

1 Like

Argh i meant to say Perkins as a real positive as well

1 Like

Interesting to hear Scott is asking Shiel to explain problems and teach other players during drills.

Do we have a smokey for the captaincy?

1 Like

Gee Hard to listen to Grant arguing Setterfield been playing at half back. (Been playing Wing & leather poisoning in the VFL as inside mid)

He wants every new player to go back to the VFL and get leather posioning.

size wise Setterfield brings a point of difference if Caldwell is out so be it.

12 Likes

I haven’t listened but don’t think that’s something Scott would say. You sure it wasn’t Grant?

2 Likes

yep :slight_smile: was Grant.

1 Like

“Runs on the board” also means players who prove themselves in Preseason training. It gives motivation to players to bust their gut in the off season.

Otherwise preseason is pointless.

You pick a team to win football games, not because of loyalty to players… like Grant keeps suggesting.

10 Likes

Just remember, Grant didn’t want Nic Martin playing AFL footy early on last year either. You’d think we had this incredible finals winning team that is so difficult to break into the way he talks :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

Grant is off his tree half the time. He removed me off scottys fb group all because i told him eyre isnt good enough and to stop his rambling on about him :joy: has no idea

8 Likes

People know my thoughts… if the coach thinks you’re the best player to help get a win or provide better team balance…runs on board means very little. Essendon midfield as a group have no runs on the board to warrant loyalty

18 Likes

Great podcast Scott.

FWIW, I thought the Caldwell/Setterfield argument was representative of what the selection panel are going to have to deal with. BDB was known for being loyal to his senior players at the Roos, and I suspect will be the first thing this site collectively decides to not like about his tenure.

8 Likes

Agree with this.

But I don’t believe he has built strong enough relationships yet to build that loyalty.

He’ll have his best team and players he likes, which will be very different from Rutten. But he’ll then keep a consistent and stable squad of 22 players.