Lycra's at it again

THE poisonous Liberal Party tensions from the removal of Tony Abbott as Prime Minister are being revived today by fresh claims his deputy Julie Bishop was among the plotters.
A new book claims Ms Bishop’s chief of staff and long-time adviser Murray Hansen attended a Sunday, September 13 meeting where it was decided Malcolm Turnbull would challenge Mr Abbott the next day.
On the Monday, Ms Bishop told Mr Abbott the party room no longer had confidence in his prime ministership.
The sequence is portrayed in a book Battleground by academic Wayne Ermington and Sky News identity Peter Van Onselen.
The Foreign Minister has consistently said she acted independently, had no knowledge of the timing of the Turnbull challenge, and was not part of any plot. She even came close to tears on national television the day after Mr Abbott was toppled, telling viewers she “did what I had to do”.
Ms Bishop has not yet responded to the claims in the book, which could damage her credibility within her party.
But diehard Abbott backer and the Labor Opposition are doing plenty of talking.

The dinosaurs just cannot fathom that time has passed them by, and that no one want’s their Dickensian mentality anymore. Sad, but oh so predictable.

Wouldn’t hear any of that sort of stuff from the Labor party.

We are all loyal in the ALP; never, ever would we not show due consideration to the esteemed office our Leader, never plot and never tell lies.

Excuse me while I slip out to sharpen my collection of factional knives.

The dinosaurs just cannot fathom that time has passed them by, and that no one want's their Dickensian mentality anymore. Sad, but oh so predictable.

Sadly I’m pretty sure plenty of people like what they are serving up, as we’ll see at the next election. Though personally I think the leadership coup is the best thing the Libs have done for some time. I won’t be voting for them, but I think they are a far better outfit than Labor at the moment. Which probably says more about Labor than anything.

Just what are they serving up Mr Dill? Seems to me nothing much has changed his Tony got his knife in the ribs, and now we have a GST interest about to happen and a tax cut for Companies and those on a big income.

Just what are they serving up Mr Dill? Seems to me nothing much has changed his Tony got his knife in the ribs, and now we have a GST interest about to happen and a tax cut for Companies and those on a big income.

And lowering of penalty rates and reduction in superannuation. All one way.

I’ve got no issue with raising the GST as long as the effect is adequately offset with compensation for low-income earners. Turnbull says that any tax reform will not negatively impact people in this bracket. If this turns out to be untrue, it will be political suicide. Company tax is a highly flawed and unfair revenue generator, so changes there are overdue. Turnbull has only been in office for two month. Not long enough to affect any real change. We won’t know until next year whether or not he is a good PM, but I’m encouraged. Do you think Shorten would be a better PM?

I've got no issue with raising the GST as long as the effect is adequately offset with compensation for low-income earners. Turnbull says that any tax reform will not negatively impact people in this bracket. If this turns out to be untrue, it will be political suicide. Company tax is a highly flawed and unfair revenue generator, so changes there are overdue. Turnbull has only been in office for two month. Not long enough to affect any real change. We won't know until next year whether or not he is a good PM, but I'm encouraged. Do you think Shorten would be a better PM?

Of course I do; but to be fair I think that Robbo would be a better PM than Turnball.

Shorten’s preferred PM rating is at 18% (as of Monday), so not many people share your opinion. He’s possibly the least popular major party leader in history. You should have gone with Albo.

Liberal, labor. Same ■■■■, same smell.

I've got no issue with raising the GST as long as the effect is adequately offset with compensation for low-income earners. Turnbull says that any tax reform will not negatively impact people in this bracket. If this turns out to be untrue, it will be political suicide. Company tax is a highly flawed and unfair revenue generator, so changes there are overdue. Turnbull has only been in office for two month. Not long enough to affect any real change. We won't know until next year whether or not he is a good PM, but I'm encouraged. Do you think Shorten would be a better PM?

How can they compensate people they don’t know about, people living off super, self funded retirees? They can’t.
I’m trying to build an online business and over the past few years have been taking $20k from my super to pay the interest on my mortgage, and $20k to live off. I can’t get a health care card becasue I “earn” too much. I spend about $90 per month on medication for my heart. Any increase in GST will effect me greatly. I’d like to think that the company tax rate will help me but given how much my business owes me I am not likely to be paying tax for a while.
I am not complaining about my situation I am very happy, but I am not the only one like me out there. There are probably thousands of people that will be worse off regardless of how genuine they are about compensation.

Shorten's preferred PM rating is at 18% (as of Monday), so not many people share your opinion. He's possibly the least popular major party leader in history. You should have gone with Albo.

Not many people share my opinion about many things. I did vote for Albo, but always knew that Shorten would win, as the Labor MP’s mostly thought he was the best person for the job and they should know.

And winning elections should not be about popularity, but probably will be next year.

Shorten's preferred PM rating is at 18% (as of Monday), so not many people share your opinion. He's possibly the least popular major party leader in history. You should have gone with Albo.

Shorten may well have been the best for the role: it’s almost normal practice to put up a placeholder after a big defeat.

In that case they underestimated the self-destructive nature of this government, though – especially given Rudd’s parting “gift” restricting leadership changes.

Nick off changing GST, only reason is 10%'s a nice even number.

If you’re raising it, make it 100%.

Ha!

Maybe history will repeat and a four year term as PM is on the cards for Shorten.

Ha!

Maybe history will repeat and a four year term as PM is on the cards for Shorten.

Christ I hope not.

How can they compensate people they don’t know about, people living off super, self funded retirees? They can’t.
I’m trying to build an online business and over the past few years have been taking $20k from my super to pay the interest on my mortgage, and $20k to live off. I can’t get a health care card becasue I “earn” too much. I spend about $90 per month on medication for my heart. Any increase in GST will effect me greatly. I’d like to think that the company tax rate will help me but given how much my business owes me I am not likely to be paying tax for a while.
I am not complaining about my situation I am very happy, but I am not the only one like me out there. There are probably thousands of people that will be worse off regardless of how genuine they are about compensation.

No one outside of the party knows what they have in store for us. I’ll hold my fire before any changes are announced.

I just love that this Gov't got in off a campaign platform of "ERMAGERD TAXXXEEEESSSSSS!!!! and ERMAGERD DEEBBBBTTT", repealed a couple of taxes on companies, increased the debt (who'd a thunk it?), and now plan to apply a big, regressive tax increase to their constituents.

And people will still vote for them, because the nice man is a nice man.