Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

Dinwitted morons. Haha. Coming from someone who thinks there is a conspiracy of right wing forces at work to bring back slave labour.

You can’t make this stuff up.

The hardest thing in the world for an egotistical soul is to admit they got played.

Hint: you got played.

When you finally turn this scorn for conspiracy mongers towards Donald and his cadre you’ll have a field day.

He’s a birther.

1 Like

Climate Change is a Chinese conspiracy against US businesses.

Oh, please tell me more about how people who think Trump is a buffoon are conspiracy theorists.

1 Like

Can’t wait to see how the Trump acolytes react to this true* story!

*Obviously not true

2 Likes

Thousands of muslims celebrating 9/11 in new york.

Yuck, this is totally messed up

Even those closest to Trump are quoted as saying he is a farking moron. Haven’t read any of them saying they have been misquoted.

I wouldn’t be getting too excited about the Wolff book and anything written in it.

of course i love how some are saying that because some of it is true then it is all ok. Half truths are the in thing so it seems:

"“Even if some things are inaccurate/flat-out false, there’s enough notionally accurate that people have difficulty knocking it down.”

“I get that journalists are skeptical of Michael Wolff’s reporting & sourcing. But ask yourself: what percentage of that chapter would need to be true to reveal the most incompetent, corrupt, broken administration in history?
20%? 10%? 5%?
It’s true enough”

So get out your pens folks you can write a book as long as it is “true enough”.

What a load of tripe and some of the worst sides of this debate on Trump. As long as it sounds good to use to hang him then we can use it and accept it even if it is fake, half fake or somewhere in the realm of hopefully believable.

What book on the inside of politics is ever true. Politics is riddled with agendas if you interview 100 poeple a big proportion are going to be pushing their own agenda.

If poeple want to retract statements or other eyewitness can refute the claims, then let them come forward.

Until Rupert says otherwise I will assume that he thinks Trump is a moron.

Don’t know how to put a tweet on here. Nate Silver from 538 just as this book was announced:

“Obviously not breaking any news here but people are a little too willing to take the claims of known bullshitters at face value when it suits their political purposes.”

I’m not going to give this book much credence. It’s a bemusing story, but unless it’s corroborated I’ll ignore it.

https://twitter.com/janicemin/status/949005110671126528

1 Like

When you make a deal with the devil there comes a moment when you are in so deep that there is no escape. That moment has arrived for the Republicans.

Put aside the salacious and oh-so-fun Fire & Fury book. Yesterday it was also revealed that Trump tried to stop Sessions from recusing himself from the Russia inquiry in order to get his protection. This is classic obstruction of justice:

So, how do the “in bed with the devil” Republicans respond? Well, by investigating Hillary’s emails and the Clinton Foundation of course.

The runaway train will take out all in its path.

I’m sure there is exaggeration in the book. But there must be some semblance of truth if the publisher is prepared to print given the amount of scrutiny the book will receive.

I would love to hear the audio tapes of his interviews.

Anyway, nothing I have read differs much from my own opinion that the President is manifestly ill equipped intellectually, emotionally and behaviorally for the job.

4 Likes

Trump: You can’t believe this guy, he’s a liar!
Everyone else: Why do you say that?
Trump: Well, I did appoint him as my chief strategist…
Everyone else: Good point.

1 Like

For me, the significance of the book (and bannon’s most recent flapping about) aren’t what they say, but the fact that they’re being written at all.

As you say, Wolff has very marginal credibility, and Bannon is so convinced he’s an epochal genius that he lies habitually because he believes lesser mortals will never see through his brilliant manipulations. But the fact is that both of these guys, who had inside access to the whitehouse for a long time, are both coming out with this stuff at the same time.

To me, this looks like a couple of rats fleeing a sinking ship. Wolff’s obviously trying to set himself up as the Woodward/Bernstein of the trump admin, while bannon’s trying to distance himself from everything that went wrong while still claiming credit for everything that went right. And they’re both shoving the knife in hard. I don’t think they’d be doing that if they believed, from their extensive firsthand experience (whether or not they’re being honest about the details) that the trump admin was anything other than crumbling disastrously.

Rats off the sinking ship. Both trying to preserve some credibility for whatever comes next.

2 Likes

Every ■■■■■■ associated with this abhorrent moment in history will make out like a bandit. Unless there’s jail time these good honest old boys and girls will still come out “winning”. And a generation or two will witness it and come to their own conclusions. Sad

Everyone already (correctly) drew those conclusions when Nixon got pardoned.

G Gordon ‘Watergate’ Liddy and Oliver ‘Iran Contra’ North both have media pundit jobs now.

1 Like

I said it would be entertaining if Trump won the election. It’s been more than I could ever have imagined. The lunatics are running the asylum.

1 Like