Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

He’s a ridiculous man.

Sacking the FBI Director and saying it was in relation to the “Russian thing” which happens to be an investigation directly relevant to him and his family doesn’t concern you?

Your response was what i expected - you misdirect the first point by pointing to the behaviours of others as if it justifies it. Instead, I had hoped to see a response “yeah it was an appalling thing to say.”

Total genius. The smartest president in history. Infact, it’s sad we aren’t talking about crooked Hillary’s ACID WASHED emails.

2 Likes

This is pretty funny.

The solid-gold fixtures and hardware (sinks, seat-belt clasps, door hinges, screws), well-stocked bar and larder, queen-size bed, and bidet (easily outfitted with a leather-cushioned cover in case of sudden turbulence) implied hedonistic possibilities—the plane often ferried high rollers to Atlantic City—but I witnessed only good clean fun. We hadn’t been airborne long when Trump decided to watch a movie. He’d brought along “Michael,” a recent release, but twenty minutes after popping it into the VCR he got bored and switched to an old favorite, a Jean Claude Van Damme slugfest called “Bloodsport,” which he pronounced “an incredible, fantastic movie.”
By assigning to his son the task of fast-forwarding through all the plot exposition—Trump’s goal being “to get this two-hour movie down to forty-five minutes”—he eliminated any lulls between the nose hammering, kidney tenderizing, and shin whacking. When a beefy bad guy who was about to squish a normal-sized good guy received a crippling blow to the ■■■■■■■, I laughed. “Admit it, you’re laughing!” Trump shouted. “You want to write that Donald Trump was loving this ridiculous Jean Claude Van Damme movie, but are you willing to put in there that you were loving it, too?”

The point I’m trying to make is there’s nothing positive in that book. If 1 in 10 of the claims are true, that’s still a lot of true things that are really concerning.

In the world of ■■■■■■ journalism, smoke doesn’t always mean fire, but if there’s a lot of smoke you are going to find fire eventually.

Your critique of Trump would be about as useful & interesting as Trump’s own self-assessment.

4 Likes

If he wants to sack the FBI Director, then he can. You have leaped to the conclusion that it was linked to an investigation into Russian collusion (which frankly is preposterous and is now widely viewed as utter rubbish by most sane people) and that was the only basis for his sacking. I would rather see facts and evidence first.

Personally I don;t think its appalling. There are bigger problems to worry about than what one bloke says to another bloke in what he thinks is a private conversation.
Again most sensible people understand this and know that if every utterance of theirs was scrutinised then there would most likely be things they would be embarrassed about as well.

Pretty worrying that he claims to have gotten in there then.

Or did he just do a few group tours?

My cat has 4 legs.
My dog has 4 legs.
Therefore my dog is a cat.

This is exactly an argument you would try and make.

9 Likes

What legislation changes did these stem from?

Also, you left out ZERO airline crash deaths in 2017.

8 Likes

Lol. Except Drumf said it was the reason HIMSELF in an interview.

Christ on a bike, … can you tie your own shoes??

7 Likes

I tell you I robbed 10 banks. 90% of what I told you is a lie. How many banks did I rob?

I find this quote from 1920 remarkably prescient. To be honest, I only came across it this week…

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” — H. L. Mencken

6 Likes

Really, which interview was that?
Because in this interview he says nothing of the sort.

Stick to memes, champ. They’re more your intellectual level.

Lol. And that from the tool that cries Fake Nooz every 2nd post.

1 Like

It’s an actual interview - you know, with words and all that stuff.

Superb. Trump even mentioned the Russian investigation as part of the reasons to sack him. There’s been numerous rumours around sacking Mueller as well (yeah, yeah, fake news). You are familiar with the obstruction of justice issue aren’t you? You know that’s what did Nixon in the end?

It’s actually just a News article you Dolt, …but I u/stand that having the IQ of a fkn houseplant you might not know the difference.

Conveniently short of the key statement too, … took you a while to find one that suited your bullshit though.

Congrats. You actually made a logical fallacy even more fallacious by getting it wrong.