Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

Depends on which definition of idiot you are using.

:heart:️ U BF but this is a No True Scotsman argument.
I think he will be gone and soon.

Define ‘soon’ because people have been saying this for the last 12 months.
I’m happy to accept any wagers from any Russian conspiracy truthers on here.

$10 he’s gone within the next 7 years :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Such a thirsty troll

Surely Trump’s son meeting Russians for dirt on Clinton is not conspiracy?
I mean…that’s a fact.
He’s confessed that to a Senate inquiry.

2 Likes

Well Scorpio, I have met a lot of idiots in my time and some of them made it to the Parliament of Australia. However they got there for Party Political reasons and not because of any real democratic vote for the best candidate.

Now granted that Trump is not your usual sort of bloke, but if you look at his history he knows how to play the game and has been getting away with all sort of crap for a very long time.

He may have lost the popular vote to Hillary, but he knew the system and where he had to win to be the victor. No idiot, and I hate to say it again, but 4 more years after the next three !!

Except he didn’t wan’t to win and was surprised when he did.
No plan, not smarts, nothing to do with hm.

Just “dumb” luck, … ironically. :roll_eyes:

It is an Idiot, nothing could be clearer.

If you couldn’t see it during that unprecedented staged for the press DACA meeting yesterday,… you’re going blind as well as bald.

Supposed to show he can do the job, … just showed he has no fkn clue about anything at all, … whatsoever… “I’ll just sign what you people bring me …”

What a fkwit.

1 Like

There’s been a ~10% swing against the GOP in the elections since Trump was elected. This is scary for the GOP. They will most likely lose control of Congress this year. The Senate elections favour the GOP, so they will likely maintain control there.

If the GOP gets demolished in mid terms, I’d expect a contested Primary against Trump. The gop may kick him out before the Dems get a chance.

I’m happy to split his performance on getting elected vs governing. He is one of the greatest politicians at connecting with people. His ability to conduct those rally’s and through trial and error craft a message that resonated to that extent with people is rarely seen.

Doesn’t mean he knows anything about governing or economics or geopolitics or even cares about it.

Q: So what does repeal and replace mean to you?
A: Well were going to repeal(pauses)… then replace.

His knowledge is very limited and I’ve never seen him discuss any topic other than TV and PR with any detail or insight.

1 Like

Well I am not sure about the story that he didn’t want to win; he tried pretty hard for someone who was just fooling around.

We will not really know until the next election I guess, and it will depend on who the Democrats wheel out.

So he didn’t want to win yet colluded with the Russians so he could win?

Yep - that’s how a Russian Truther thinks.

1 Like

I have no idea whether Trump colluded with the Russians.
How could I know?
How, come to that, can you be so sure that he didn’t?

I do think there’s more than enough evidence to warrant an investigation.

Again, that’s not conspiracy.
That’s an investigation based on facts.

A conspiracy is something that an insane person would come up with, like China inventing the ‘fraud’ of climate change to hurt US business.

I mean…that’s out there.

I don’t think there should be an investigation into that. Do you?

1 Like

Been on the Milford Track last 5 days. Bliss.

On return, 135 replies to this thread. All basically E12 applauding an idiot and folk getting worked up in response. Sad.

3 Likes

In a democratic society you don’t have to prove your innocence. Thats for totalitarian regimes and organizations such as WADA and the AHRC.

I’m happy to play hypothetical’s though.

How exactly did Russia influence the vote of Mr or Mrs Joe Average?
Mass hypnosis before they went to the polls???

The whole thing is as ludicrous as those idiot 911 Truthers who think Bush ordered 911 so he could have an excuse to invade Iraq.

The FBI wouldn’t be investigating this long if there was nothing. Why not just wait for the investigation- give n you know two fifths of ■■■■ all about what evidence or information they have gathered- before pronouncing it ludicrous.

1 Like

That blasted Kenyan.

2 Likes

I’m not asking you, or anyone, to prove his innocence.
I did ask how you could possibly be so certain something didn’t happen.
Surely you’re not?

Again, I’m saying there’s enough evidence to warrant an investigation.
The three advisers to Trump who were indicted for lying to the FBI about the matter. I assume his son isn’t one of them, perhaps you could clear that up for me.

And again, again, stop confusing wild-arsed conspiracy theories like China invented climate change with an investigation into a matter that already has confessions.
They are not the same thing.

Has anyone confessed to inventing climate change?
No. And no-one is going to.
It’s not the sort of think someone of stable intelligence would contemplate.
Do you see the difference there?

Very balanced of you. I don’t hear you make the same judgements of people who have assumed he is guilty.

My ‘opinion’ is its ludicrous. I think most people nowadays feel the same. To put it in a criminal perspective - there is little to no motive, there is no weapon (how do you force people to vote for someone?) and there is little to no concrete evidence of anything out of the ordinary happening.

WTF are you on about?
I have never mentioned this - you’re confusing your words with mine.