Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

So Republican senators who agreed he’s said it are liars then?

And the issue is it was racist as hell. Several US ambassadors have been summoned for protests, another has resigned. So plenty of countries are pretty upset about these remarks. But heh, I suppose its just a lefty view that having foreign governments officially criticise Trump’s actions is a bad thing.

2 Likes

I think it was the Department of Employment (maybe it was an executive order?) that rescinding an Obama ruling that tips could not be seized by businesses. So currently a business can treat tips as part of revenue, and its their discretion how (or if) they get distributed. Obama put in the protection saying it couldn’t happen.

Edit: googled an article on it:
Waiters and bartenders could be forced to hand over their tips under a proposed Trump administration rule

He is not a statesman.
He has no gravitas.
He has no idea of governance.
He has no manners.
He is doing untold damage to the reputation of the USA.
Rather than MAGA he is making America a laughing stock.
He is helping to increase rich/poor divide and extending the difficulties of accessing healthcare.
He is a complete embarrassment.

He is putting America first in his own mind.
He is not filling positions in the state department such as chief of mission and amabassadors as he thinks they are not important. See point about governance above.
Does not understand the long term implications of his actions.
And doesn’t care

He is street smart.
He was elected with slogans.
He knew the base and appealed to it.

He cant deliver on many of those promises becasue … no idea of governance.

He like a lot of other people think that being in business or being in the media prepares them for a role in government.
We are seeing here a clear indication that it doesnt.

He wants his family in key roles becasue he trusts them. They too have no experience nor idea of governance, nor government.
Which is why he is in so much trouble over the Russia investigation.
They were all like bulls in china shops during the transition and they still are now, blundering around blindly.
He wont take advice for anyone becasue he believes he is the smartest person in the room.

I would question whether he is capable of making America great again. I think it far more likely that he will continue bringing the reputation of the country into disrepute, particularly on a global stage. But hey…he will benefit financially, if he doesnt get done for money laundering first.

He will continue to do what he is doing now until the very end, whatever and whenever that may be.

7 Likes

My parents came from a “shithole country” so that remark has been rather personally taken on this front.

The man is a racist and a bigot. Those staying silent and/or enabling him are no better.

3 Likes

Oh please. He simply said in public what almost everyone says in private.

He wasn’t commenting on Haitians themselves. Are the Greens now racists because they have more or less said the same thing about Nauru and PNG?

You still haven’t answered my question. You said it was the left outraged yet plenty of republicans - even fox and friends- condemned the comments. How does it fit into your black and white left and right view of the world?

5 Likes

Fake news.

Who GAF what this rightard Bozo thinks about anything? No opinion could matter less.

There’s no poster here that is more irrelevant than the Trump Tripper.

Unlike others here I don;t watch Fox and Friends. Given their almost non existent ratings in Australia it appears that the show is being propped up by posters on Bomberblitz.

If people want to get outraged by alleged comments (that have been denied) then that just reflects on them. TDS does not spare anyone it seems.

It appears there is a new rule in place whereby if you comment negatively about a country then you must be a racist and/or bigot.

Whether or not it was racist (it was) it was also really stupid.
I was going to say even for him, but…nah, it’s about par for him.

You still haven’t answered my question.

“If people want to get outraged by alleged comments (that have been denied) then that just reflects on them. TDS does not spare anyone it seems.”

So you concede that in this occasion the left were not the only ones outraged?

How stupid is the comment in a room full of republicans and democrats in an era where every word is heavily scrutinized.

As if Trump didn’t leak that himself.

One day he’s getting slammed for being soft on immigration as he was negotiating around the dreamers. Next minute that came out. He benefited as it appealed to his base more than the outrage from people who already disapprove of him.

1 Like

I agree. He doesn’t care what people think. So long as he is the centre of attention, and he will do anything, and I mean anything, to stay the centre of attention.

2 Likes

Outraged is a big call.
He does stupid ■■■■ like this every other day.
Would take a firm constitution to be outraged every time.

Not only is he avoiding that question, when he replied to me he cut out the part of my post where I’d asked him if the Republican Senators who agreed that Trump has said it were liars. I suppose he doesn’t really want to talk about the fact that Republicans in the room have confirmed he said it (which means either they lied, or Trump then lied when he denied it), or that many prominent Republicans have criticised Trump.

I mean hell, the Whitehouse initially didn’t even refute the comments. They just tried to justify them. It wasn’t until the next day Trump denied it - 12 minutes after Fox & Friends said he should walk back the comments (and I linked an article showing the timeline above).

But then, we know how (un)serious Essendon12 is about actually debating anything.

4 Likes

Which is why he is irrelevant, and responding to his dribble is pointless.

Life is far too short to waste time responding to/arguing with proven lying hypocrites.

The ridiculous are worthy only of ridicule.

Getting back to things of import …

3 times as many women die in childbirth in the Good ol’ USA than in any other developed nation on Earth.

Drumpfs health policy moves will likely take that to 5 times as many within 2 years,

#MAGA