Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

And our Dear Leader is blaming the community and fellow students for not saying anything.

07 PM

How about you look at this instead and… you know… DO SOMETHING!

rubs eyes
Just so ■■■■■■■ inappropriate.

Trump “He has mental health issues”

Also Trump, overturned law preventing mentally unfit people to buy weapons.

8 Likes

http://newsthump.com/2017/10/04/heckler-koch-release-fully-automatic-thoughts-and-prayers-gun/

3 Likes

I am sorry but this just breaks my heart…

It is too late for the US. Just too ■■■■■■■ late. This poor mother. Her innocent daughter. What the ■■■■ have we become…

Could you please stop using this tragedy to turn into another anti Trump fest. Its disgusting and so disrespectful to the victims and their families.

The fact is NO US President has been able to stop this. To now go blaming Trump for not taking action reflects on you not him.
Never heard one peep from any of you on this subject during 2008 to 2016 so stop being such hypocrites and grow up.

The fact is US gun culture is part of Americans DNA. Just like pot culture in the Netherlands or vodka culture in Russia. Its not that easy just to flick a switch and make it all go away. That is extremely simplistic. And whilst Australia has managed to prevent gun deaths, our gun culture was nowhere near as pronounced as what it was in the US.

And before you start crying into your Weet Bix, I think the gun laws in the US are ridiculous.

1 Like

You could be forgiven for thinking private enterprise isn’t in it as a public service.

I’m sorry, but that’s just not true.
We’ve been talking about US gun control forever.
When Obama was in power. Probably even before that.

Oh, and don’t try to take the moral high ground and then finish with ‘before you go crying in your weet-bix’.
Kinda makes you look like a disingenuous ■■■■.

3 Likes

Trump blamed the victims you (■■■■).
And his administration made rolling back gun control legislation a priority.
Stop defending the indefensible.

Rubbish.
Nobody ever directly blamed Obama for gun deaths like some of you are doing to Trump right now.

Trump did not blame the victims. You have taken his statement and twisted it so that it fits your political agenda. I hope you feel better about yourself now.

Anyone who thinks Trump is victim blaming is a half-wit.

Do you even follow events? Your hero Trump rolled back legislation strengthing background checks on the mentally ill, then blamed the students for not reporting the mentally ill Cruz.

1 Like

You are completely unhinged if you believe that. Get help.

1 Like

Well, no.
Because he wanted to introduce gun control but the Republicans blocked it.
So there’s that.

But you’re right, this isn’t about Trump.
It is about the Republicans.

Trump could actually do something. He’s more likely than just about any other Republican.
But he won’t do anything, which is sad.

I’m tired of the excuses.
I’m tired of ‘it’s not the right time.’
It’s all bullshit.

Do. Something.
Anything.
Don’t say, ‘Oh, it’s mental health,’ and then not make any changes regarding mental health legislation or gun control legislation or both in combination.
Don’t say thoughts and prayers.
Just friggin’ man up and say, this is the consequence of our position and we’re not changing a damn thing and we all just have to live with that.
Because that’s the truth.

4 Likes

What are you taking about? Its a fact Trump rolled back the mental health controls and its a fact he sent a blame shifting tweet.

2 Likes

If he’s not blaming the victims, he certainly is deflecting responsibility to engender change.

You’re right, Trump has taken action on gun reform.

And fortunately for you, this article is only 12 months old!

7 Likes

It was rolled back because disability groups said that the laws discriminated against everyone with a mental illness. It was also very poorly worded.
In any case, there is zero evidence that this guy would have not been able to get a firearm regardless.

Trump did not blame shift. That’s just you trying desperately to blame Trump for something. But if it makes you sleep better at night, then good for you.

1 Like

Oh ■■■■ off you absolutely predictable cartoon of an idiot.

Of course it’s preventable.
Every year, someone puts a bill to tighten restrictions or ban assault rifles or mandate background checks (or computerise the databae of gun serial numbers). And the NRA representatives (and a few who do it for the pure unadulterated love) vote it down.

1 Like