Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

some italian dude discovered the world was round a good while ago, should we dismiss that too?

2 Likes

Fake news once again.

I do not defend everything he says. That would be stupid as nobody ever agrees 100% with someone else. Not even husbands and wives.

What I do have a problem with is words and opinions being twisted to make him look like the second coming of Adolf Hitler.

And I make no apologies for defending someone from an internet pile on that is based on nothing.

1 Like

You spelt “quoting him verbatim” wrong.

The use of the term “fake news” is the sort of Trump fan-girling that makes me refuse to believe that your posting is anything more than performance art.

8 Likes

http://www.businessinsider.com/intelligence-chiefs-testify-russia-north-korea-china-senate-intel-committee-2018-2

So the top officials of the US Intelligence community are wrong about Russian interference in the 2016 US election are they?

But You, a bloke in Melbourne, know better.

1 Like

Who has been charged?
Can you name any names?

And there is a huge difference between being Russian and working for Russia.

Just because someone’s name ends in Ova does not mean they are working for the Russian government.

I could use the Aussie term Bullshit but it’s filtered.

Please think about this rationally.
I know you are one of the few on here that have some common sense which you display occasionally.

I believe there was some sort of Russian interference in the election. The extent of it, I don’t know. Did it win Trump the election? I don’t know. Should it be investigated, yes.

Not sure how you can claim there is zero evidence of interference. I’m hoping you are only arguing the extent/effect of it.

1 Like

Nope still can’t answer it.

1 Like

So you a) don’t believe this was state sponsored and b) don’t believe it was effective.

I can’t prove to you that this was state sponsored. The point of covert actions is to maintain deniability. It is known that the DNC was hacked TWICE, both times from Russia. Amusingly, they both left fingerprints as they didn’t care about getting caught. One was traced to Russian military intelligence and the other to FSB linked hackers.

I swear this is as absurd as I tell it, they didn’t know what the other agency was doing and everyone was accidentally more successful than they expected to be. It is worth reading more about, it was a comedy of successes rather than a comedy of errors.

The Facebook stuff is where the FBI charges have been focused. It was funded by a Russian businessman with close links to the Russian government and Putin. Ok, it could just be a random guy spending millions of dollars without government involvement. But really?

I don’t think I’m making a huge leap to say the Russian government ordered or supported these activities. But no, can’t prove it.

But seriously, read up about the double DNC hack. It’s hilarious.

1 Like

People saying it was just a handful of Facebook posts are way way way WAY understating it.

It’s detailed psychometric profiling of individual Facebook users, and then targeting those users with false stories that appeal to their prejudices.

Read. Be informed.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/policy-and-politics/2017/10/16/15657512/mueller-fbi-cambridge-analytica-trump-russia

And for further background (I’ve posted this before but it is ESSENTIAL reading) -

7 Likes

Fake News.

“Beaten” - E12

1 Like

Posted again, just so E12 can’t say he didn’t see it or couldn’t read it or asks if it is even English, or decries it as fake news. Seriously mods, how much longer are we going to allow this person to continue to troll everyone here, because seriously no-one could innocently be this obtuse.

3 Likes

18 Months.

9 Likes

Can you read?
Do you have a learning disability?
Do you not understand English?
Do you not know how to turn on a television or radio?

Because unless you answer no to three of the above and yes to the learning disability one, I stand by my accusation that you are here only to troll other posters.

There are multiple reports on multiple platforms i.e. NYT, WaPo, Twitter, Facebook, TV news etc. You are an idiot, and the fact that you have made me write this speaks volumes for how much of a ■■■■ you are.

Bwahahah can’t believe I didn’t see this one coming.

3 Likes

So no names then?
Despite all these ‘multiple platforms’.

Thanks for the little rant and my apologies for triggering you by upsetting your little fantasy world.

1 Like

Bwah - whose fingerprints are they then?

And who is this mystery Russian businessman that has all these close links?
You seem to know a lot about him yet can;t tell us his name.

By the way, Facebook ads cost a pittance. And the reason they cost a pittance is that most, if not all mainstream companies don’t think they are as effective or have the same amount of reach as traditional media.