Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

You speak about Russians as a collective and not as individuals. They do have individual opinions you know. They are not all the same.

Looks like im waiting 18 months for a response.

2 Likes

Have you just made this up?
I love how some of you just attribute something to me without any evidence or background or context.

It’s a standard tactic on here it appears.

1 Like

There was a major organised cyberespionage campaign by Russians in Russia. Ok, we don’t know for sure the Government ordered it, but is it really that much of a stretch to say it was probably state sponsored? Does it matter if it wasn’t?

LOL.

Even if this was true (and I believe it was pathetically minor) it had nothing to do with Trump.

What the hell is going on in here?
Who cares?
Investigators gonna investigate.
More people are gonna get charged and more people are gonna plead guilty, and what E12 thinks about that doesn’t make any difference whatsoever.

Anyway, I’m interested on people’s thoughts on the ALP sending some of their members over to the US to help out with Obama and Clinton.
Surely this is interfering?

Or is it the old Australia = good, Russia = bad, thing.

I apologise unreservedly E12, it wasn’t a video of Trump making a statement that you said wasn’t proof.

It was however a video of the Senate Majority Leader making a statement that you said wasn’t proof that the Senate Majority Leader made that statement.

Here is your post. Deny you said that!

Essendon12
27d

That bill would be the military funding bill that was proposed by Democratic Senator Claire McCaskill, as denoted by the four, yes even you can count that high I assume, attachments I included in my previous post. If you refuse to address the issue at hand then I can only conclude that your only purpose here is to troll the other posters, and as such I will request that your account is removed.

A video sound bite is not ‘evidence’.

Pure common sense would suggest that there were definitely other factors at play in refusing to pass the exemption.

As stated before, would love to see what terms and conditions were involved in the exception. It’s obviously not as straight-forward as you think.

PS: disagreeing with someone is not ‘trolling’
This thread is not a platform for everyone to agree with each other. Otherwise just rename the thread ‘Trump is a campaigner’ and be done with it.

Then you can all make up stories, peddle rumours as fact and talk about Russians to your hearts content.

Where did I say Trump? Russians tried to mess with the US election. That should be a bipartisan concern. Why are we debating this being a problem?

Trump is a side issue here. If anything his people accidentally colluded largely due to incompetence. Trump won’t be convicted of collusion.

1 Like

That depends on whether the assistance was requested or not doesn’t it. If you ask someone to ■■■■ you up the ■■■■, that is consensual and it’s all okay. If they just do it without your permission, it’s rape.

There are about 6 people replying but… isn’t Australia actually good and Russia actually bad?

Like, do you admire Putin?
Do you admire Trump?

FWIW I’ve been increasingly uncomfortable with the pile on that is continually going on in here and I hope you are OK. In the end, we are all united by EFC.

1 Like

Thank you for that concession.

SI, the issue with E12 is that he constantly sits here denying everything and asking all and sundry for proof of what we post, but refuses point blank to provide evidence to support his contentions. If he was prepared to post with the same standards he demands of others, I would have no issue with him. In my opinion, he is doing this as much because he believes in Trump as he is doing it to troll the other members here. He is mimicking the Trump methodology of saying whatever he wants without proof, then when he gets pulled up on it, he either ignores it entirely, tries to change topic, engages in misdirection or claims “Fake News”. I too worry about his mental health, but it isn’t because of the frequent vitriol directed at him, because I believe he fully enjoys shitstirring other posters. I am however worried that he is mildly delusional and possibly a danger to himself or others.

I am also interested to hear some figures and quotes.

1 Like

Thanks. Can you send me the post number so I can understand the context please.

Hang on - I am not the one making accusations here. It is up to the accuser to show proof. Not for the accused to prove they are innocent.

This isn’t ASADA.

No, when you call Fake News, it is you making an accusation and you need to provide the proof.

Thanks. And I’m fine.
The pile on doesn’t really bother me to be honest. Sadly It’s just a fact of life on this board.

In answer to your question, I admire both Trump and Putin. Both have their pros and cons but I respect what they have achieved in their lives.

2 Likes

Trump inherited his wealth, has failed in most business ventures and won the presidency despite losing the popular vote. You need better role models for achievement.

7 Likes