Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

Yep, just like the “Not My President” demonstrations that attracted fat-■■■■ Michael Moore and a bunch of whiny leftists. All played by the Russian troll farm. Fantastic.

On the gun debate there is some seriously low hanging fruit to pick even before you start banning guns i.e background checks, banning automatic weapons.
Start slowly and simply, see if it works and build from there.
I share the pessimism of a previous poster. The money being paid by the NRA is tantamount to corruption. It will ensure that there is no stop to the current system. I mean 55 people were killed at rock concert and that resulted in no change.

1 Like

Out of interest, I had a hunt around for anything close to what you’re suggesting and I’m turning up nothing. Closest thing i could find was Labor employees under the government-funded Australian Political Parties Democracy Program secretly moonlighting for the Sander’s campaign.

But considering Shorten called this “stupid” and “completely unacceptable”, I don’t see this as a party sanctioned act.

Seeing as you are big on others providing sources to big claims, I’d be interested in seeing any proof that the ALP sent staff as authorised representatives to work on the Obama and Clinton campaigns.

1 Like

If anyone wants to understand why the US is so ■■■■■■■ crazy at the moment they only need to look at the “progressive” fuckwits who are promoting death to the President and that anyone who supports him is a nazi/white nationalist sympathiser.

They are the problem and their continued stirring of the pot is only creating more trouble. It is almost as if they are being promoted by the Russian troll farm to continue the problem.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/labor-staff-moonlighting-for-bernie-sanders-campaign/news-story/f0f42347d81b7c405f3cb78a43b53ccc

Anyone calling for the death of POTUS (is there anyone doing this?) is a crazy and can be summarily dismissed by everyone. As is the claim that Trump himself is a white nationalist/Nazi. He does however attract that sort of people. Why he does is a fair question.

The poor way Trump handled the Charlottesville issue didn’t help him dispel the white nationalist notion.

The U.S isn’t the only place where social upheaval is happening. Canada, for instance, has its own issues with “leftists” as Jordan Peterson has shown. So they are only a bit player in what is going on.

What bet?

This is better than a good ol essington implosion.

6 Likes

Quoting from your article:

“They are there as observers and they should just be observing, not posting stuff on social media and certainly not doing the type of things they are depicted doing.”

Sounds like they went off the reservation and their actions were not officially sanctioned by the ALP.

1 Like

Ok, I spent far too much work time checking this. And FYI I was more than willing to accept you being right.

In his testimony in January on the cyber attacks, then-director of the FBI James Comey said the agency never got access to the machines themselves, but obtained access to the forensics from a review of the system performed by CrowdStrike, a third-party cybersecurity firm.

“We got the forensics from the pros that they hired which – again, best practice is always to get access to the machines themselves, but this my folks tell me was an appropriate substitute,” Comey said.

“The DNC coordinated with the FBI and federal intelligence agencies and provided everything they requested, including copies of DNC servers,” Watson said. She added that the copy contains the same information as the physical server.

So having checked, I’m more than satisfied that the investigation had the information they needed to trace who the hackers were.

Thoughts?

You are entitled to that opinion mate, but when calling my posts ■■■■, especially those where I provide direct evidence of what I am stating, it would be reasonable to expect you to provide something to back up your assertion. Why are all of my posts ■■■■? Unlike E12 towards whom the majority of my posts are targeted, I have on numerous occasions admitted I made a mistake and corrected said mistake. So unless you wish to provide something more substantive to support your proposition that all my posts are ■■■■, why don’t you go take your head for one.

Some of you TDS sufferers seem to have this ridiculous assumption that Obama enacted a wholesale ban on firearms and that Trump overturned it.
The fact is Obama put in a law that was very poorly worded and which disability advocates argued discriminated against them.
Is someone suffering anxiety. mentally ill?
Should someone suffering anxiety, be put on a national mental illness register?

These are difficult questions to answer. Kudos to Obama for trying though but I understand both perspectives here in regards to that law being overturned.

Should any of those people have access to automatic assault rifles is the question to ask

Because anyone suffering from any of those DOCUMENTED, VERIFIED, MEDICALLY CATEGORISED mental illness SHOULD NOT HAVE ACCESS TO ■■■■■■■ ASSAULT RIFLES!

Who gives a ■■■■ who the ■■■■■■■ president of any ■■■■■■■ nation is!

2 Likes

Whatever you’re on, can you get me a kilo or so? It must be some gooooood s/hit

Absolutely agree that anyone calling for Trump’s death is absolutely not on, and officially a loon. The claim of Trump being a white nationalist is a lot more blurry. His record on discrimination against black people in his properties, his treatment of the Central Park 5 (who he still says were guilty despite DNA evidence), the family culture (as in, his father? Grand father? was an open white supremacist), his campaign stances (immigrants are criminals/rapists, comments on Muslims, the judge who couldn’t be unbiased) and finally his statements and non-statements since in office (one of which you mentioned) all do point to someone who is at least latent racist and has quite blatantly dog-whistled to the white-supremacists as a minimum. The body of evidence would certainly count against him.

1 Like

This thread is the worst thread on the entire internet. It’s got everything that makes you wish that computers were never invented. Actually in someways this thread is quite Trumpian.

2 Likes

I’d argue the climate change thread is worse.

2 Likes

Appreciate the keen eye WP. Leaders of white nationalist paramilitary cells not the most reliable sources it appears.

How many intervention orders have been taken out against WP?

1 Like

Yeah true, the CC thread has trip x 3 in it.

1 Like