Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

All Rolo and I want is an answer to one simple question. Apparently it’s too hard for Tr1pp8r.

We can mute a board. We can mute a poster (if it keeps working). Can we mute a thread?

1 Like

Yes.

Click on the sole button on the line under the red reply button, choose “muted”.

I just read a post on Reddit that was a reply to a question about gun shop employees who have refused sale. Majority of responses were ‘guy was sketchy so I shut him down’. However a number were concerning to say the least. Here is one below.

haven’t had to deny anyone yet, but I came close once. Guy came in and mumbled about the “Muslim scourge”, but without skipping a beat kept talking about collecting enough to be able to defend his home with a gun hidden within reach no more than 5 steps away from everywhere in the house. It was obvious he was just paranoid, but defensively so, which is fine. Paranoid and wanting to go hunting for Muslims, on the other hand, and we would have had a problem. Related note: I got advice from our local ATF inspector that if I ever wanted to deny someone for a “gut check” reason, I was free to tell them their background check came back bad or delayed even if it came back clean, just to keep it from looking like I was the one turning him away and prevent an escalation. (She also said to call the ATF whenever that happened so they could follow up.)This is why a lot of us tend to talk to the customers as much as possible - to get a better handle on their personality and see if there was something that gives us an instinctive gut check.

Lets make it clear. This customer walked out of the store with his guns, which ever he chose. Clearly paranoid with a house load of guns waiting for the right trigger (no pun intended).

There is so much wrong with this I just don’t know where to start. It shows the stretches of rationalisation that will/are being taken to justify something that is just plain wrong.

EDIT - full link to reddit thread

I think warlock Paul convinced me about guns. People like that shouldn’t own them.

5 Likes

Guess I’m never going to know the finer points of Putin.

3 Likes

Interesting idea. I’m guessing the argument logic was built from discussions in forums from the Discovery Institute, the Heartland Institute and the Institute of Public Affairs? I’d throw in Lord Monkton but that guy is way too hilarious.

1 Like

I miss the quiet dignity that Obama had. I should never have taken it for granted.

3 Likes

putin

18 Likes

I’m so glad you’re back. Never leave us again.

2 Likes

this is awkward

2 Likes

Trump or WP???

1 Like

That article is from over 18 months ago

7 Likes

Well, given the election campaign was 18 months ago, then that would make the article timely would it not?

Waiting for Mendozaaaa…

3 Likes

Turing test complete.

13 Likes

Interesting list.

1 Like

Only in America. Get shot defending your classmates and then have to launch a gofundme page to pay for treatment. You’d think the authorities would step in…

Startling development.

1 Like

Did it pass?

1 Like