Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

Is it really necessary to draw from completely inexperienced family members and conservative media personalities to fill the roles, though?

I’m not taking my car to that mechanic.
Their turnover of staff would suggest that they’re not very good.

1 Like

10%20PM

1 Like

Stormy Daniels to replace Rex.

2 Likes

From 538:

“Trump has now fired, or has replaced 5 members of his cabinet just one year and two months into his presidency. The record over TWO YEARS … was Bill Clinton with 4. He’s on pace to double Clinton.”

So this is record instability. Historically the Secretary of State has been the most stable role in the government. It’s a critical part of the foreign policy arm of government.

1 Like

Yes. But. He’s the business president.

1 Like
3 Likes

Jimmy Carter had 8 Secretaries of State in 4 years.

Jimmy Carter also sold his family peanut farm to avoid conflicts of interest while he was president.

6 Likes

In another contrast, Trump brought in his extended family of peanuts.

17 Likes

Good point being raised here. I didn’t see anyone on Blitz criticise Jimmy Carter during his presidency! You’re all lefty hypocrites!

10 Likes

That’s because it was more than 18 months ago. Therefore it’s not true.

10 Likes

Congressional House seat in Pennsylvania going down to the wire in a special election. Democrat leading by a small margin at 96% counted. This district went +20 for Trump in the 2016 election.

Seth Rich’s family are suing Fox over their retracted story from last year regarding his death being part of a Clinton conspiracy.

The people have spoken, and are now speaking again. Because, well, maybe we didn’t think before we spoke last time…

2 Likes

It’s not in anyway certain yet. But it is looking increasingly like Conor Lamb has beaten the GOP candidate Saccone. Leads by 800 votes with about 99% reporting.

1 Like

I’m so confused with the abreviations. How do you get GOP from republican or democrat?

Propaganda GOP = “Grand Old Party”

(But you could also translate as Ghastly Old Pricks).

2 Likes

Even now I don’t know which party it is! :smiley:

Oops - Republicans

1 Like