Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

I thought that bill was called the Hearing Protection Act.

1 Like

18 PM

2 Likes

Sounds legit.
I like the $1 on the end. Makes it sound authentic.

1 Like

Enjoy:

2 Likes

Is there a comparison on the many trips Obama made other than golfing?

The confirmed verse Obama is similar btw, the rest is guess work.

I would like to see fair comparison’s about how much Obama/Clinton/Bush cost (inflation adjusted) verses Trump on personal travel (holidays, getaways, golfing, etc).

I am sure Trump’s will be worse, that is pretty obvious, but these websites are designed to make Trump look bad so are not fair to use as an unbiased source.

1 Like

I haven’t got the numbers to hand (life’s too short…) but my understanding is that Obama followed the precedent set by most recent presidents and took the majority if his time away at Camp David, w which is an isolated, secure location which has had security infrastructure in place for many years.

There’s several reasons Trumps weekends away are so expensive. First is that his family is bigger and his kids are adults, so they do their own thing & require their own separate security details. Second is that he chooses to go to places like Mars a Lago where there’s all sorts of non-security-checked people running around everywhere, which puts more demand on his security people to watch & monitor everyone. Third is that he chooses to go to his own resorts/hotels, and insists the secret service pay full price for accomodation there.

2 Likes

So I am a right wing nutter and deserve to be shot?

Thanks mate, I am sure the Greens and Labour party types who both wanted me to run for them up here in the Northern Rivers would be happy to know that. Must be why I turned them down.

FFS. Too many SJWs signalling their virtues on this site. Keep fighting the good battle from your keyboards warriors. Meanwhile the people who actually get on and get stuff done will do so.

Yay, let’s all take political advice from a comedian who used to have a show on tv where girls bounced on trampolines so we could watch their boobs bouncing…

The use of terms like “SJW” and “virtue signalling” will have their own version of “Godwin’s Law” soon enough.

Until then, they’re a really good way to indicate a lack of cognitive ability.

1 Like

Sounds like you might have been a bit of a fan WP, you dirty perv you

3 Likes

And you weren’t? Weirdo!

If it was on now I’d still be watching it.

I’m sure we’d all be trying to grab their ■■■■■■■. Powerful famous men do that didn’t you know?

■■■■ you and the unicorn you rode in on cockwomble. What a bunch of touchy feely ■■■■■ we have on this site.

Oh look at me I am signalling my virtue from the heights of Bomberblitz.

Wow, you sound like Alex Jones or any of the other right wing loony commentators.

1 Like

Tough guys shouldn’t use terms like ‘virtue signalling’, makes them sound like hipsters. Maybe hipsters who kill their own meat, but hipsters nonetheless. In all seriousness WP, you reckon what’s going on over there is just par for course and everyone should just harden up?

Yeah, you must be right.

Of course those who are SJWs and virtue signalling are the highest form of humans and it shows their heightened levels of cognitive ability. Thanks for clearing that up, dingus.

Ok, you want to protect gun ownership. You are scathing towards those soft lefties that want to increase gun control as an attempt to reduce the murder rate.

I’m curious on your constructive thoughts here.

Two questions:

1. Do you believe America has a gun violence problem?
  2. What, if anything, would you like to be done to reduce murders and mass shootings?

Touchy freely ■■■■■?

You’re the one having regular hissy-fits mate, often at imagined outrages.

And FFS, You just took a pot shot at somebody who lives in America expressing his fears about the state of the place.

You’re off the rails.

2 Likes

Haha, hissy fits.

Off the rails, I tell you…