Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

Dingus, you have to be careful about messing with gun nuts. They have guns, you know.

Sorry to rain your virtue signalling parade SMJ, but no I don’t own any guns.

I have to say WP, for a person who tends to lean maybe a bit more your way, even I think you are throwing some hissy-fits. Sure the group you are attacking do tend to bully and carry on as well but you are certainly responding in a hissy-fit manner.

1 Like

It’s not so much the Guns as the Nuts part that worries me though …

haha, hissy fit…

Because you can always read emotion in to words written on a web page… FFS.

Well what you gonna do when the Illuminati comes for you then?

1 Like

Virtue signalling must be the new buzz phrase is it?

WTF does it even mean?

1 Like

Well using emotive language tends to indicate frustration and angry response (hissy-fit). Things like FFS and blocked words tend to emphasise this.

Sorry IT. I will try and keep my language unblocked.

The amount of S in FFS indicates the severity of the hissy fit.

For instance;

I stubbed my toe: FFS

Warlock is defending US gun laws: FFSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

1 Like

Maybe it means jumping on the bandwagon of calling people nazis.

Well I am out of here. Work to be done and lunch is finished.

Keep fighting the real fight Blitzers. I am sure somewhere it is helping…

You know what’s good for fighting a fight? Guns.

8 Likes

Warlock Pauls herd …

1 Like

I have to watch out for the Chickens in Choppers…

1 Like
3 Likes

So if we’re criticising the man shows host right to have a political opinion? What about a reality tv stars ability to run a country?

‘Virtue signalling’ means ‘I am vaguely unconsciously aware im on the losing side of an argument that is very important to me emotionally. I can’t refute your argument so I won’t even try; I’m not even going to abuse you for having it; instead, I’ll pretend that even YOU don’t really hold the opinion you profess and are only pretending to in order to help you get laid’

As an aside, almost everyone who uses the phrase ‘virtue signalling’ as a pejorative can be relied on to regularly talk up their own patriotism, manliness, rugged common sense, ability to kick your ■■■■, understanding of and empathy for the Average Hardworking Bloke, and/or powerfully logical analytical ability, all of which they see as virtues. They see no irony in this.

7 Likes

I’m not taking any notice of Jimmy Kimmel unless the Man Show Boy is there with him…and one or two Juggy Dancers.

But seriously, that was an emotional monologue. Probably needs Jim Jefferies rant on guns to go with it.

Wow.