Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

Alan Jones can get fkd but he tweeted something worth saying here:

He helped launch M Latham’s book today. One step forward, two steps back…

2 Likes

Yes I know it is the NRA however this is a positive move at least:

1 Like

Apparently the bump stocks are selling out . Unbelievable.

Every time their is a mass shooting in the US, gun and periphery sales sky-rocket. They are a strange people group over there.

1 Like

lol

Obviously the only way to prevent more bump stock mass shootings is to buy more bump stocks…

Is he planning to go to war?

Think you’ll find he was talking about the upcoming AFL trade period.

7 Likes

He says that sort of ■■■■ all the time. Means basically nothing, and by tomorrow he’ll either have forgotten he ever said it or will be denying he ever said it, if anyone calls him out about it. I spent last Sunday at a BBQ, there were six sub-7yos there, all sugared up to the eyeballs, and trump is still a bigger attention seeker than all of them put together.

3 Likes

“Tune in next week, folks.”

Internal monologue “That will boost the ratings”.

How long will Tillerson last? Will he take others with him thanks to the supposed suicide pact amongst certain senior admin figures? I’ve seen it reported as Kelly, Mattis, and Tillerson. But also as Mattis, Mnuchin, and Tillerson.

You know this is not House of Cards, right?

It is much worse. The writers of the last season of House of Cards mentioned how they had to change a number of plot twists post the election.

righto

No, I didn’t. Are you sure? It being real is not a comforting thought.

I wasn’t clear on which part of my post you were referring to. The part where I was attempting to suggest that Trump likes to keep the focus on him, and that’s about as deep as his commitment to the job goes. Or the part where I wondered about Tillerson’s future given the “f***** moron” revelations of a fairly broken working relationship, and whether the reported committment by the “adults in the room” to resign was true and would come into effect. Probably the second bit. And in particular the second bit of the second bit.

The Trump admin moving on contraception affordability and abortion access, while the Congress allowed CHIP, which helped give health insurance to poor children, to lapse. That’s a bit of triple whammy.

Donald will be grumpy. He hit a new low of 32 in his approval rating today.

Even if Tillerson has never been right in his life before, … he’s 100% correct with that reported statement.

Almost any of the coverage of Drumfs comments on P Rico attests to it in volumes, … (as if any of the other numerable instances hadn’t already. :roll_eyes:)

This guy is a bonafide “Fcking Moron”

I actually have a lot of time for Tillerson. He’s one of the few good appointements Trump has made. He’s a far more competent businessman than Trump. Really pity the guy having to put up with this POTUS.

1 Like

My friend who moved to Texas to work in the oil industry suggested everyone he was interacting with was feeling optimistic post-election thanks in large part to the appointment of Tillerson. To this point the successes he has managed appear similar to the achievements of his boss. Donald has had great success in undoing the executive orders of Obama and under-staffing government departments, Tillerson has managed to gut the State Department.

Another score on the board for Trump - more hurricanes under his watch than under Obama

2 Likes