Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

fair to say M&M’s not getting invite to WH any time soon.

2 Likes

Virtue Signalling…having to explain what your definition of Virtue Signalling is to someone who asks what Virtue Signalling is by talking down patriotism, manliness, “rugged common sense” (whatever the hell that means) etc, etc.

Thanks HM. Very informative, although it would have been much better if you had changed your avatar or added in a hashtag.

#IMWITHHER (see that was easy to do)

#LOCKHERUP

#MAGA

#DRAINTHESWAMP

So you just virtue signalled?

It will be my turn in a moment. But I need to finish this coffee. It’s a virtuous coffee. Maybe I just did. Which is good, or bad, or whatever I guess.

Carter Page is pleading the fifth at his congressional hearing into Trump/Russia, despite previous indicating he would fully co-operate because he had nothing to hide.

Republican Senator Corker thinks life in the WH is a daily battle to contain a President who is dangerously unfit for the role. He’s retiring so he doesn’t feel constrained in expressing his thoughts on DJT.

Did Trump pass his IQ test?

Don’t you need an IQ do do one of those?

Depends how much roughage he had when he swallowed it.

3 Likes

45 today “disgusting the press is able to write whatever it wants to write.”

I believe it is called the FIRST AMENDMENT.

Except for when the people call it fake news, then the first amendment doesn’t count, we have to remove it.

DJT wanting to increase the US nuclear arsenal by a factor of 10 is what prompted the “****** moron” from Tillerson supposedly.

Mueller is using the Steele Dossier as a guide, and has access to Trump’s financial records.

Puerto Rico is still in a bad way. 84% without power. 40% without running water. Food and water struggling to reach rural areas. Death toll at 43.

He loves imprecise language. He meant to add “… about me.”

Preoccupation with his own IQ is yet another symptom of his Narcissistic Personality Disorder, oh, and throw in some of the symptoms of APD and HPD as well. Guy is a walking case study in the spectrum of DSM-5 disorders.

2 Likes

Can’t say I’m a fan of assuming everyone who is a scumbag must be that way because of a mental illness, or a sex addiction, or whatever.

Some people are just ■■■■.

4 Likes

Personality Disorders are not a mental illness, they are personality types that are on the fringe of normal and cause problems in relationships and functionality in society. However, if these people find their way into positions of control, they can be destructive on a wider scale.

In the light of your protestation I suggest a new addition to the DSM. Scumbag Personality Disorder which is probably an apt description for Weinstein as well.

2 Likes

Personality disorders are absolutely mental illnesses.

Like a common cold is an illness ? OK then yes,

Once again you completely miss the point.

He was referring to the fact that the press are seemingly able to write whatever crap they feel like regardless if it’s the truth or not. A bit like this thread really.

Would you allow the press for instance if they named you as a pedophile and put you on the front page of the paper with no evidence. Just the ‘feels’.

Is that the First Amendment at work?

I’m sure that the POTUS can take some legal action if he’s being defamed?

Just as anyone who is falsely accused of kiddy-fiddling can.

And in regards to “missing the point”, Donmania’s point is spot on. Trump is a hypocrite.

He’s a lot more than just that. Almost every polly is a hypocrite, Trump is a lot, lot worse than that.

1 Like

Well, yes. But I wouldn’t want to include too many points that I could miss.

2 Likes