Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

Mud always sticks. People don’t remember the retraction, they remember the initial accusation.

Besides which, if he was to sue for defamation then I’m sure the snowflakes on here would start crying about how he was not focusing on the right issues.

I believe that in the USA there is either a convention that politicians do not bring defamation suits, or else a Supreme Court ruling that you can say pretty much anything about a politician and it’s political speech so is exempt from defamation laws. I forget which.

But I expect every living president would have been defamed for SOMETHING at some stage, and if a suit was going to happen it would have by now.

I would like him to START focusing on the real issues.

Lying Ted
Low energy Jeb
Little Marco
Rocketman

I reckon Trump knows all to well, the power of negative character attacks.

2 Likes

hm-show-me-on-the-dolly-where-the-patriotic-manly-rugged-common-sense-man-hurt-you

WTF?

1 Like

WTF is that.

Don’t think that adds anything to the discussion. Also don’t see how HM deserves that crap.

1 Like

Ok, that was a bit random.

Now that is…strange.

You need to reel it in a bit, @Warlock_Paul.

Hahahaha.

Only on Blitz can you be called a despicable ■■■■ and when you reply you are told you are having a hissy fit.

How quickly people forget the great comment from HM:

As an aside, almost everyone who uses the phrase ‘virtue signalling’ as a pejorative can be relied on to regularly talk up their own patriotism, manliness, rugged common sense, ability to kick your ■■■■, understanding of and empathy for the Average Hardworking Bloke, and/or powerfully logical analytical ability, all of which they see as virtues. They see no irony in this.

And then people get upset when you call him out on his BS.

Keep fighting Blitz.

Go Bombers.

Oh I did and you took it hook line and sinker.

um… Congratulations?

Dingus was the big fish? SACK DODORO!

6 Likes

WP actually just proved HM’s point.

2 Likes

US defamation laws are far more liberal than here. The People versus Larry Flint film provides an illustration.

Wow, please explain?

I am sure that this will be worth the wait…

Maybe you can find all the posts from me where I am discussing being “patriotic, manly, rugged commonsense, wanting to kick people arses, etc, etc…” or probably not, but I will wait.

How about you either:
a) Relax, or
b) Fark right off?

It’s embarrassing and awkward, frankly.

3 Likes

Thanks, I will pick…

c) Fark you and the little pony your rode in on.

But thanks for the choices anyway.

Pro-Choice?

That’s surprising.