Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

DRPK has promised denuclearisation loads of times before and never delivered
https://www.armscontrol.org/factsheets/dprkchron

In the meantime KJU has gone home with images and vision of him on level pegging with Trump (not to mention Trump saluting a general of theirs) to show to everyone.

2 Likes

For a small insight into why things like this matter, and the level of delusion and insularity in that country, I can enthusiastically recommend this book.

It’s a good read, too.

1 Like

He did not have sexual relations…

Sheesh how clear does he have to be*

*quickly burns the dress

3 Likes

Huh? The USSR shifted from a dictatorship to a democracy. And the main man at the time (Gorbachov) didn’t die. Now, sure, they couldn’t sustain the democracy, but they did switch peacefully.

Pinochet handed over power and transitioned Chile to a democracy. His arrest in the UK when he went for medical treatments was decade(s?) later.

I mean, putin only won by what 70% or something and had his neatest rival locked up.

Don’t forget the time that he totally abided by the constitutional limit on presidential terms, becoming Russia’s Prime Minister (with vastly greater powers for the office) until he could be President again (with all the powers transfering back).

Democracy.

4 Likes

Looks great on riding bare-chested on a horse.

The power struggle when Putin kicks the bucket is going to be staggering to watch - from a safe distance.

One of the hazards of building your entire system of government for the benefit of one guy.

4 Likes

Russia is a democracy ?

In any case some conspiracy theorists suggest that Gorbie hastened the demise of all the old blokes in the Politburo and took control.

Pinochet transitioned Chile to a democracy ?

He stepped down as President in 1990, but was still Commander in Chief of all Armed Forces and Senator for Life under his own Constitution. He still ran the place with death squads, until arrested in UK in 1998 and subjected to international law. Only his illness kept him housebound and prevented him from running the place.

Trump again on Kim Jong Un - “He speaks and his people stand up in attention. I want my people to do the same.”

Envious it seems.

I think he again did the thing about parents of Korean War vets appealing to him for help. Maths hindering the credulity of his dishonesty.

In regards to Paul Manafort, his former Campaign Manager, who in particular helped him through his troubles with the Republican convention and the delegates - “Manafort had nothing to do with my campaign”.

He admits that he composed the false statement re:Don Jr/Russia Trump Tower meeting aboard Airforce 1.

He again says to blame the Democrats for his own policy of instructing ICE to compulsorily and forcibly remove all children from their parents if they are seeking asylum or crossing the border illegally.

This was all in one interview with Fox and Friends.

'MY" people, …

This guy is seriously, dangerously mentally disturbed.

1 Like

And tariff wars are on.

Wow. I know we all have different standards & expectations of behaviour, but I don’t understand why everyone can’t see this corrupt, narcissistic, incompetent liar for what he is. Nope, let’s just give him control of the US military & economy and applaud his every morning sh@t. Unbelievable.

4 Likes

The whole Circus that is Trump just gets more bizarre everyday, … just when you think it couldn’t possibly, … it just does.

Today’s delusions and clear obvious lies, are beyond belief.

And the rivals that were not neat were assassinated.

4 Likes

Just lies. Outright. Provable. This is the President of the United States.

1 Like

Paul Manafort is going to jail, after a judge was satisfied he was violating his pre-trial release by trying to interfere with witnesses.

Rudy Giuliani, the President’s lawyer, said the whole Russian thing might get cleaned up with some pardons when it is over.

They used to chant “Lock her up” during this campaign, you’d think they’d be happy someone was going to jail.

I prefer, from the piece Heffsgirl posted: Trump added: “What you’ll really see is you’ll see bias against me and millions and tens of millions of my followers"

3 Likes

It will indeed, has a little 1953 about it although it’s unlikely a peasant rises to power this time.