Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

Starblazers? G-Force? United Federation of Planets (*new members welcome)?

2 Likes

Trekkers

1 Like

Most people work and barely have any time in the morning to listen or watch those people and shows you mentioned.
Maybe Fairfax and The Grauniad should write more interesting material - then they may have more influence. Its not the general public’s fault those organisations don’'t understand how to capture an audience.

Unless, of course, you are advocating some sort of Pravda type media where the government controls all messaging.

Not true, very watched shows, especially Kochie and co.

Maybe mirror universe Trek, with Trump at the helm.

Lovely strawmen. The best strawmen. Absolutely amazing strawmen.

3 Likes

It’s almost like some sort of public broadcaster that will spend countless hours uncovering a corruption story knowing full well that it won’t rate as well as a dodgy plumber story is required.

4 Likes

I don’t think you understand what a straw-man is.
Would you care to explain the relevance?

The USA has every right to police its borders. The two issues here are:

1. The policy of separating children from their parents is ■■■■■■■ evil and has no justification other than cruelty as a deterrent.
  2. The border wall is too long to be effectively guarded. It will be crossed at the same rate as it is now. The cost of building it is a waste. I honestly don’t care about this, let Trump throw money down the drain if he wants.

From google there are two meanings:

• An intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent’s real argument.
  • A person regarded as having no substance or integrity.

I was using the first, where you’re acting as if someone has claimed that the USA isn’t still a good place to live, and certainly preferable to Latin and South America. Nobody has implied the USA doesn’t have a lot going for it. That doesn’t mean there aren’t problems or issues.

But it turns out the second definition also seems pretty relevant…

5 Likes

Firstly, I was being intentionally sarcastic.
Secondly, by the comments on this thread you would think that Latin & Sth America are preferable to the USA. I have never heard so much wailing about a country that for all intents and purposes has probably one of the highest standards of living and freedoms in the world.

Still waiting.

And from this thread & the Pell thread it seems you are unusally unconcerned with child abuse in its various forms. Are you a parent?

2 Likes

4 Likes

Btw.

Aliens confirmed

Uses strawman argument in response to strawman discussion. Priceless.

5 Likes

Fire the mother-f@#king Wave-Motion Gun!

5 Likes

But then you are vulnerable while it recharges.

Well, sorry to point out the bleeding obvious to you but its the first sentence of your 2nd paragraph. No context, no direct quote - just the usual smear with the implication that it was said unprompted.

And where have I said I am unconcerned. Again, this is just another smear and typical really of some on this forum.

And Ants has the cheek to accuse me of creating strawmen.

Did you guys know the US has a better standard of living than a lot of Latin American countries?

2 Likes

So are you a parent or not?