Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

post deleted

Senate Majority Leader McConnell has said that he and the other GOP Senators support keeping families together at the border and that he will reach out to Democrats about creating a new law.

Hopefully Congress can pass something targeted at this particular problem and call Trump’s bluff on a veto of a bill that doesn’t cover everything.

1 Like

Good

1 Like

Michael Cohen is reported to be disappointed that Trump has so far not offered to pay for the legal bills that are crippling him according to two sources close to him. It has been suggested that he is considering the information he has to offer authorities.

If your response to a rampant violation of human rights and downright child abuse based on nothing more than racism is not to condemn it but to devolve into “whataboutism” then I suggest you need to take a serious, hard look at your morals and frankly, your humanity.

I love President Obama and wish we had him back but I, like many of his supporters, put on our human empathy hat and criticized him for actions such as drone strikes and haphazard responses on the unaccompanied child migrant crisis of 3 years ago.

Somethings are bigger than your political leanings. This is not a sports game where you can only pick one side and stick with them no matter what. This is what is wrong with our latest iteration of tribal democracy.

14 Likes

v v v

2 Likes

12 Republican Senators have signed a letter asking for an immediate cessation of family separation whilst Congress works to pass legislation. Hatch, McCain, Roberts, Collins, Murkowski, Corker, Alexander, Boozman, Heller, Gardner, (Not The) Lankford, Cassidy.

A separate group lead by Cruz and Grassley working on legislation.

1 Like

You have a pattern of defending abusers at the expense of the abused.
Its all over the Pell thread as well as this one.
I wonder why?

2 Likes

Statue Of Liberty Converted Into Prison For Immigrant Children

QUICK THINKING US Government officials have found a solution to the growing problem of finding somewhere to intern immigrant children who have been purposefully separated from their parents by US border officials, WWN can reveal.

The Statue of Liberty, a New York tourist attraction which has no larger symbolic significance to the history of immigration in America will be hastily converted into a prison for children who crossed the border into the country illegally.

“It’s a tall, imposing and iconic structure and this great country of ours has not used it properly in the past. Some say it looks too welcoming, too hopeful and we need to change that, with a little upgrade and additional barbed wire how many kids could you stuff in that thing, thousands?” one Trump administration official enthusiastically stated.

“These children crossed the border with their parents to rape rich white middle class women and steal your 401k, this is the only option,” added the official in response to over 458 unanswered questions from assembled media. The official then went on to explain how Germany doesn’t exist anymore because crazed immigrants destroyed it, leaving a large crater where it once sat.

Asked if they would utilise the hospital on nearby Ellis Island to look after the welfare of the children, government officials confirmed they were aware the facility had a morgue.

The plight of young children being separated from their parents, with no indication they will be reunited at any point, has caused many in America to grow concerned about the direction their country is going in under the current administration.

“Hang on, the Statue of Liberty is owned and administered by the federal government, so I guess I’m just worried…how can shady businesses make money then by imprisoning these kids if there’s no contracts for building new child prisons to go around?” one concerned citizen queried.

1 Like

No, I defend people’s right to not be hung, drawn and quartered based on gossip and innuendo.

If someone has been rightfully convicted of abuse or the evidence is overwhelming then I am not going to defend them at the expense of their victims.

I thought Essendon fans would know better after the crap we went through during the saga.

Of the many things to takeaway from the Saga foremost for me was not to hire Stephen Dank. You made him President.

2 Likes

I reckon Dank is more like Bannon, both enamoured with their own genius.

The Gazelle on the other hand, dead ringer for Trump

1 Like

Sounds like the Dean Robinson school of bargaining. The money will miraculously appear me thinks.

1 Like

Rubbish.

You belittle & demean women who have alledged sexual assault against Trump.
You rush to defend Trump over 10k kids being put in cages.
You would preserve the ‘sanctity of the confessional’ over protecting kids.

That is not championing the principle of ‘innocent until proven guilty’.
Your impulse is to protect & defend the abusers.
I wonder why?

4 Likes

10k? I thought it was 2k since April when Sessions instituted the policy shift?

Yep, 2,342. Though Gnik’s point overall stands.

1 Like

Enough with the emotional nonsense. You sound like an immature kid to be honest.

Is this not accurate then?

'More than 11,000 children are currently in detention

According to Wolfe, the aforementioned 100 facilities house more than 11,000 children. As of Monday, the official count was 11,785.’

2 Likes

A heartless person would say that.

2 Likes

In an amusing sidelight the creator of Godwin’s Law has officially suspended it in relation to the admin’s actions on immigration.

1 Like