Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

He pardoned the Hammonds not the Bundys. Massive difference.

Sorry.

Patriots.

You can’t pardon the bundys, can you? I thought the state prosecutor basically ran dead against them and they were (somehow) acquitted.

2 Likes

A win for ‘sovereign citizen’ terrorists.

1 Like

So when can we declare a trade war as official?

1 Like

Now probably. China has retaliated to the US tariffs with their own, which may trigger another round of Us tariffs, which could trigger further Chinese measures, and on and on and on.

1 Like

Probably not but the other guys were not patriots (they actually declared the Bundys to stay away from them). They were farmers who did some back-burning but lost control of it and created a massive fire on federal land.

Yeah. Get the EU free trade deals done and start protecting against the US.

Um, no they weren’t.

The jury convicted both of the Hammonds of using fire to destroy federal property for a 2001 arson known as the Hardie-Hammond Fire, located in the Steens Mountain Cooperative Management and Protection Area. Witnesses at trial, including a relative of the Hammonds, testified the arson occurred shortly after Steven Hammond and his hunting party illegally slaughtered several deer on BLM property. Jurors were told that Steven Hammond handed out “Strike Anywhere” matches with instructions that they be lit and dropped on the ground because they were going to “light up the whole country on fire.” One witness testified that he barely escaped the eight to ten foot high flames caused by the arson. The fire consumed 139 acres of public land and destroyed all evidence of the game violations. After committing the arson, Steven Hammond called the BLM office in Burns, Oregon and claimed the fire was started on Hammond property to burn off invasive species and had inadvertently burned onto public lands. Dwight and Steven Hammond told one of their relatives to keep his mouth shut and that nobody needed to know about the fire.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-or/pr/eastern-oregon-ranchers-convicted-arson-resentenced-five-years-prison

2 Likes

never mind, it isn’t worth it

Correcting false allegations made to support your political position is “not worth it”? lol.

1 Like

What is my “political position”?

Seeing as you know I would like you to tell me. Because I can absolutely guarantee you are completely wrong.

https://twitter.com/fatbrenda/status/1017496548807200768

5 Likes

Was Albert chanelling trip?

Fresh from his self-styled negotiating success with North Korea, Trump tells May how to negotiate Brexit. That deal is not quite the same as negotiating down the price of fittings for Trump Tower.

1 Like

Whah???

12 more indictments against Russians, GRU operatives, by the Special Counsel right before Trump gets his performance review with Putin.

What’s the bet he’ll do his “I asked him and he said no, and I believe him. He’s a good guy” routine again?

Trump will get a pat on the back for his continuing efforts to disrupt NATO and the EU/UK.

2 Likes

LOL.

2 Likes

Was a joke regarding IT’s comment about political position.

1 Like

Quite clearly because my political position is not the same as Trips so I assume his is.