Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

1 Like

He got Bernie Sanders as well I think.

He’s been potting the republican party since the start

Possibly because Republicans are the ones to target on the ridiculous issues & mindsets he’s trying to highlight, … just a thought. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

There’s bias, and then there’s just low hanging fruit. If it happens that peeps from a particular political orientation open themselves up to greater ridicule and satire then so be it.

4 Likes

Yeah, or what he said^

1 Like

This is classic too

There are many liberals he could make fun of, or at the very least make fun of things that certain groups wouldn’t like. He chose to go with a very safe option, that wouldn’t upset any of his Hollywood friends.

Of course he can do whatever he wants. It’s just sad what comedy has become, very little variety these days. I just thought it was a shame he didn’t go a little edgier.

I really just commented on it, there is nothing to really discuss any further. It is what it is.

1 Like

Or maybe … he chose to go with what he genuinely believes.

Mind you, at this point I’m reminded of an interview I saw with some comedian or other back just after Trump was elected. Said that political satire was basically impossible to make funny any more, because how the hell do you make your satire more loopy and out-there than what is actually happening every day?

He has gone after scientists before, and feminists. He has always been political, I mean if you don’t think Borat wasn’t political then I don’t think you were watching it right.

And in politics not all things are equal, that’s why comedians are generally more respected pundits than the actual pundits.

His comedy is along the same lines as South Park, leans left but also critical of political correctness on both sides of the isle and isn’t afraid to ruffle feathers of people he is more aligned on.

For people who claim not to like over-sensitive-snowflakes-with-no-sense-of-humour they sure are quick to be outraged over a few jokes…

3 Likes

Admirable.

Spoiler Alert

Jim Jefferies new Netflix special, goes really political and it’s super lame

2 Likes

It’s ■■■■■■■ terrible. The cliche jump on the Anti Trump train is a massive miss.

Yeah, I was ready to switch off after 10 minutes - but only continued because he is an Aussie.

Never really liked him tbh, I reckon he dials up the Aussie bloke-ness too much and it comes across as fake to me

True.

If you want to watch a wizard - Bill Burr, Theo Von, Chris D’Elia

Bill Burr is great, and he also gets political in a genuine and a constructive way, more effective way of convincing people who don’t necessarily already agree with you.

Great World Cup. Question for President Trump as he meets Putin: Do you know which team you play for?

— Hillary Clinton (@HillaryClinton) July 16, 2018

Go home Hillary, you lost.

Seems Trump was prepared to listen to QEIi about Brexit which he did not want to know from his own advisors - like she’s just not the Queen of England or Great Britain, but of the UK ( among other things) and that , while Scotland and Northern Ireland voted to remain, they are locked into Brexit and that the UK might have its own border problems with Ireland :ireland: ( which can’t be resolved by building a wall).