Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

Wish the same advice was given to the ‘winner’ who wastes no opportunity to constantly bring up his vanquished opponent.

The Trump + Putin press conference this morning will go down as one of the single most embarrassing and destabilizing public performances by a sitting US president.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Really quite extraordinary. He is essentially dismissing his Intel agency assessments and publicly siding with a foreign power. An adversarial one at that.

3 Likes

Oh dear.

The salty melts in here (and indeed the entire world) when this bloke gets re-elected in a couple of years.

I think he is at least a 50/50 chance and possibly higher of getting re-elected. He WILL lose the popular vote by an even bigger margin than the 3m.

I only come into this thread hoping someone has some intel to confirm that Trumpff will be gone tomorrow. But with regards the Russians, I can’t see any information that came out pre-election that wasn’t the truth ie the Democrats couldn’t deny that the emails were authentic, so bad luck they got caught. When political parties engage in some form of manipulation I don’t care how the facts surface. Maybe members of Trump’s team committed a crime. If so they should be punished, but that shouldn’t stop Russia and the US co-operating on many other issues.

I also think that the western media, which is the only prism through which we know Putin and Russia, does not provide a balanced account of what Russia does legitimately in their own national interest in exactly the same way the US acts in their interest, versus what Russia and Putin do which is genuinely evil. For me, the story we are fed re Russia is propaganda and I have no idea of the truth.

Of course none of this changes the fact that Trumpff has no idea how to manage an important international relationship and should stick to what he’s knows best ie hangin with hookers at pee parties.

1 Like

The former head of the CIA suggested treason this morning. The CIA is not a hotbed of liberal conspiracy theories. The last recent Indictments show we know very little relative to the investigators.

For the first time I actually believe Trump will go down.

2 Likes
1 Like

The crazy thing with Trump showing his belly like that is he has the perfect opportunity to hit a home run out of the park. If he stands there in front of the world and takes Putin to task for meddling in the US election, meddling in Brexit, for their role in taking down MH17, for the annexation of Crimea, and for the Novichok attack in the UK he would knock up a win in the way he always says he is. He would be lauded in the mainstream press (who are always looking for “This is the day … became President” stories), he’d reassure his allies discomforted by his recent actions, be praised by anyone capable of giving him praise, and render powerless those not capable of crediting him with anything. His base and FoxNews, who will excuse anything even if they secretly don’t like it, would be triumphant for weeks on end as they didn’t have to invent a tortured defense but rather just bask in a warm fuzzy glow.

Instead his vast insecurity over questions about the election or whatever it is come in to play. In golfing terms, which seems appropriate, he missed a two inch tap in. He remains his own worst enemy. Confronting the problems with the election wouldn’t weaken him, but rather the reverse.

5 Likes

Loved the extreme man-spread and strut down the street.

1 Like

This one might be different.

His play is allways “strength”. When people don’t understand what he’s doing or why his base has lapped it up, it’s usually becuase he has projected strength and ignored the actual underlying issue.

Not this time he looks weak.

2 Likes

Trump Derangement Syndrome :rofl:

1 Like

“his complicity in the slaughter of the Syrian people” :rofl::rofl:

Are we talking about the same Russia who was invited into Syria by its sovereign leader?

Watch his supporters turn more into Putin sympathisers because they have nowhere else to turn and going back isn’t something they’d ever consider. The conversion is almost complete.

Imagine being Putin right now. His Pinky-and-the-Brain-esque scheme to destabilise the entire West is actually fkng working

2 Likes

ABC News was inadvertently hilarious this morning. Massive long pauses as they tried to think of unbiased adjectives.

“Trump there with some … … … uh … emphatic … words.”

1 Like

Even Newt Gingrich is going with criticism, saying it is the worst mistake of Trump’s Presidency and must be corrected.

say what you will, but he does bring out the creativity in people

1 Like