Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

We all know the CIA/FBI are deep state organisations that orchestrated 9/11, the election of a Kenyan and, the cover up of Seth Rich.

2 Likes

I wonder how Trip could possibly spin this as good news…

1 Like

Yep. I know 3 Trump voters in the US, and it doesn’t matter what happens, their faith is unshakeable. And it’s very frightening because they are otherwise quite sane and intelligent people. It’s almost a religious type zealotry.

3 Likes

Putin is ‘admirable’ apparently.

There is a new article with an interview with Anthony Bourdain (RIP) and this is what he said about Trump voters and the pleasure they take in trolling “liberals”:

I don’t know, I’m so merciless. I’m so…burn the temple down. How could it be worse? This is exactly what Trump voters thought. And I talked to them! I said, you know this guy doesn’t care about you, right? He’s taking a big steaming dump on a golden toilet right now, he’s a New Yorker, he’s never changed a tire in his life and you voted for him.

They’re not foolish, they don’t believe that. They recognize an anarchist. They recognize somebody who is likely to pull down the whole rotten temple that they despise so deeply that they will repeatedly shoot themselves in both feet for the pleasure. Of seeing all of these craven scumsucking pig-dogs who betrayed them year after year and let them down and mocked them—

1 Like

Quite a lot of comedians recognise that and are moving away from political comedy. Jim Jefferies said in his podcast a couple of weeks back that he realises he has become a one trick pony but he’s no good at other styles. He went on to say that he thinks comedy will circle back around to the nonsensical stuff that was popular in the 70s in the vein of Steve Martin, Andy Kaufman, etc.

-edit- if you have Netflix, check out John Mulaney’s latest special. He does a bit on Trump without mentioning him by name that’s hilarious.

You know, I don’t actually know how to parse the fact that we have a real conspiracy in action going on over there, yet conspiracy theorists are practically cheering it on.

2 Likes

Our grandkids studying media and history are going to be laughing their backsides off “Man, people in the 2010s must have been idiots

5 Likes

So you believe the world will get better, not worse?

I reckon Trump would be re-elected if the vote was tomorrow.

4 Likes

Well if you’re going to be literal about it…

I genuinely don’t think the human race will see out the century.

2 Likes

I just got off a plane, where the only paper to read was The (sic) Australian (sic).

The letters page was full of right wing ratbags singing his praises. FFS! Just shows how well Murdoch brainwashes the people who read (sic) his papers.

It’s enough to make you feel sick (sic).

2 Likes

Cringe

The cold war never happened.

7 Likes

Hell yeah!

USA! USA! USA!

Acting like idiocracy isn’t a real thing.

This summit really was just for Putin’s benefit, right? Putin has basically shown to the world that he owns the US President and not to mess with Russia.

2 Likes

Technically that would be The USSR. I say this because trivia nightmares

Haha the motorbility scooter. Just needed a walmart bag on the handlebars.