Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

It just writes itself really…

3 Likes

Yeah. Keep hearing this from people who know otherwise sane people in the US too. Not sure what else to say aside from how scary that is.

We are beyond f*%#ed

1 Like

What did Trump offer up on the Magnitsky Act?. In saying how generous Putin was in offering interviews with the Russians, he neglected to add the conditions attached by Putin - delivering up Browder and others associated with Magnitsky matters. Bu Putin let it be known.

They must have so much dirt on Trump. So much dirt. The best dirt, in fact they, I don’t think anyone does dirt better than the Russians. And the quality of the dirt.

5 Likes

He’s flipped again on Russian interference. Only thing he’s consistently done since taking office.

He has now tried to walk it back by saying he mis-spoke. Not very believably mind you, given the Hannity interview he recorded just after the press conference. There is also a pre-recorded Tucker Carlson interview to be aired tonight which also pre-dates the walkback so it will be interesting to see if anything in that backs up the walkback as being honest.

Even I don’t believe him.

5 Likes

How insecure is the bloke.

Still talking about the election. That’s all it is to him. He sees Russia as only whether he won an election.

What an idiot.

2 Likes

Even the people who will claim to believe it won’t believe it, it’ll just be an excuse to not confront it.

Hang on a second - why should they have any liability? How were they negligent or supportive of the shooter?

They’re not really suing the victims, they’re asking the judge to say they’re not liable.

3 Likes

That stuff’s loaded with nutrients, I can’t compete with that stuff

2 Likes

This is a pre-emptive move. They had a guy bring in tons of weapons into their hotel and they want to not be held liable? Here is some more info:

How are they liable for that?

1 Like

Unless you want to start adding airport-style luggage screening and frisking of every person coming into the hotel, I’m not sure the hotel can be responsible for someone smuggling weapons into their building. What’s the reasonable level of expectation here?

Also, the MGM lawyer saying it was about helping people heal quicker is a bit rich.

1 Like

It’s a byproduct of the corrupted state of local and national media combined with a feckless Democratic party, magnifying the the ever present tribal nature of politics. The fact they think the Republican party serves their interests is seriously sad.

Don’t make the hotel liable make the gun manufacturers liable.

5 Likes

I agree and frankly, if our society wasn’t so litigious I doubt the hotel would go to this extreme. That said, they had a security company in charge of the hotel and are worried that liability will be assigned.

In that case it’s the Security company that should be being sued no?

If the Hotel has taken on a Security mob in order to prevent such things, you would think that they have at that point fulfilled their duty of care.

10 Likes