Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

Nothing wrong with owning a $40m Yacht and at the same time advocating massive cuts to public education:

1 Like

That’s one of several such craft owned by the Devos hive.

The anticipated game show of “Which Compulsively Dishonest Person Is Actually Telling The Truth This Time” coming soon to your TV, with the news that Michael Cohen is prepared to speak with Mueller to contradict Trump’s assertion that he did not know about the Trump Tower meeting by saying that he not only knew of it but approved it.

2 Likes

Tick tock, tick tock

It is a bit of a bombshell.

The only problem is that Cohen has said he has no evidence, just that he was there. It would be a bit of he said, she said so it probably couldn’t really be used to do much damage on it’s own. They need to get other people who were there talking.

2 Likes

Also trumps CFO subpoenaed.

So Mr CFO how much money originated from Russia. Can you please explain that?

1 Like

They might finally be closing in, but i won’t hold my breath just yet.

2 Likes

Yep.

Close in on little things or close in on big things is the key question really. I’m sure both sides are going to spin it to suit them.

But if it’s just minor stuff after all this, then nothing will or should come from it.

1 Like

Fingers crossed. :crossed_fingers:

If there is a God, … this blowhard megalomaniac douchebag ends up in Prison for treason.

Hopefully Guantanamo, … I love the thought of how the Orange jumpsuit would clash with his Orange head.

4 Likes

He’s be pardoned within 5 seconds

2 Likes

He would end up being pardoned by the next Pres. The US couldn’t handle a former President in prison, it undermines their standing worse than any crap he gets up to. For them it is about image.

2 Likes

Having one $40m yacht is one thing. If it’s one of 10 you own that’s a very different think.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/eus-white-house-trade-talks-went-from-uncertainty-to-lowered-tensions-1532624882

Backing up his points, Mr. Juncker flipped through more than a dozen colorful cue cards with simplified explainers, the senior EU official said. Each card had at most three figures about a specific topic, such as trade in cars or standards for medical devices.

You know, like how you teach children the names of animals.

4 Likes

And all of them are bald-faced liars. If any one of them happens to stumble upon the truth it is only because it serves their purpose.

1 Like

Can treason be pardoned by President?
In the United States, the pardon power for federal crimes is granted to the President of the United States under Article II, Section 2 of the United States Constitution which states that the President "shall have power to grant reprieves and pardons for offenses against the United States, except in cases of impeachment

Nixon was pardoned, no?

1 Like

Although redundant point. You don’t get pardoned for impeachment becuase no one is impeached. You resign before it can happen

2 Likes

I just don’t see him resigning. Frankly, if he loses in 2020 can you imagine him even showing up to the next President’s inauguration?

On the inauguration, you think he will turn down an opportunity for free PR?

Agreed, he’ll never resign. Just not in his personality. You need shame to resign, or dignity, or some understanding of and respect for precedent. He’ll try to barefaced lie his way through the apocalypse, it’s always worked for him before.

5 Likes

I’ll settle for a commuted sentence and a life-time ban from social media

2 Likes