Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

Americas underclass is created by millions of illegal aliens.

A reasonable education and hard work and the average quality of life in the USA is quite high.

You are so full of it. You defined it because that’s what you want to see. I have told you that this is not the case, but you want to keep pushing your agenda on what others say and think.

A reasonable education will cost you big - most working families cannot come close to be able to afford higher education there.

I’m not even going to bother answering the first bit, if you think that then hey, good luck to you.

It has to be true that a large portion of Americans have one of the highest standards of living in the world they are the richest country after all.

Just don’t be…(insert one of many disadvantaged groups).

A ivy league one maybe.

But that’s not required to live a comfortable life.

You don’t think that illegal aliens are over represented in Americas under class. Good luck to you believing that they ain’t.

Fixed.

I have just got off the phone with my Texan partners, and I think I coul hear Klingon in the background.

1 Like

I used to have several Texan in laws, and I’m sure some of them spoke Klingon.

I bet there is a Bible translated to Klingon.

1 Like

I doubt millions of African Americans and the few remaining first nations would like to be called illegals. And this notion of “hey, if you had only worked harder” is extremely simplistic to put it politely.

https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2018/03/19/594993620/forget-wealth-and-neighborhood-the-racial-income-gap-persists

America’s economy is built on undocumented migrants. You take them away, then there simply isn’t enough people to pick the fruit and vegetables, butcher the livestock, construct buildings, or do janitorial work anywhere.

The US has for decades built an economy on the base assumption that there’d always be a huge supply of cheap labor to do the crappy work (and over those decades they’ve taken deliberate steps, like union-busting, loosening of labor laws, etc etc, to ensure things stay that way). Take that labor supply away, and the whole edifice falls over.

1 Like

lol

You keep writing this stuff, on the page, and then get annoyed when people read it for what it is. Maybe if you want people to take different things from your posts, you should write them differently. However, and I admit I’m guessing on this, I suspect that would require you to think about the world very differently to how you currently do.

Agreed with this too. Our hypocrisy knows no bounds…

Yeah guessing because you simply refuse to read anything i do write. I have already stated my position many times, people like reboot get it and so does BF. Somehow though you don’t. I suspect it is because you spend your time getting your knickers in a knot anytime someone even dares say something negative about the Dems or anyone in the Dems.

Maybe if you applied some balance to what you want to defend in here you might learn what others actually think about things.

1 Like

Those crappy jobs in the USA are starting to pay better than they do here…

Not even remotely close.

It’s still legal in many parts of the US to pay a couple of bucks an hour. There’s a reason tipping is expected over there.

There’s enormous pushback over proposals to raise minimum wage to $15/hr in various states. Min wage here has been higher than that (even taking into account exchange rates) for a long long time.

7 Likes

Plus there is no social safety net. You have a a crappy job that doesn’t even cover rent and no health insurance, guaranteed time off, or childcare. Not hard to see why generational poverty strikes so many Americans.

It really is appalling. People always make fun of trailer trash but the reality is that has come about because people simply cannot afford any different. When you lose hope, have no opportunity to get out of the cycle then the drugs, alcohol etc kicks in. Then you have the African American ghettos for basically the same reason except combined with strong racism.

5 Likes

Medical expenses are the leading cause of bankruptcy in the US.

It’s a great standard of living over there, provided you remain fortunate.

2 Likes

I would love to see a pro-lifer justify why they are against Universal Healthcare, when it would save 10s of thousands of lives, each year

1 Like

I’ve seen reports where it’s as high as 63% @DonMania

I believe the latter. How does the richest country on the face of the Earth (by some distance) render more than half of its population unable to afford a simple emergency. The system is completely broken.

Yet, the Pentagon budget magically manages to increase year over year but as soon as there’s any talk about single payer or more affordable education “Nope, can’t afford it!”

1 Like