Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

tv-saturday_night_live-1975_-dale-will_ferrell-accessories-usa_mens_thong-520x293

USA! USA!

1 Like

Article on the advantages the Republicans have in the US media. Despite their whining.

The hack gap: how and why conservative nonsense dominates American politics

1 Like

That’s just the right speaking their mind and not worrying about being pc.
It’s admirable.
But the left once said something half as bad ten years ago!!!1one.

8 days till the elections.

2 Likes

Wow, that is tough…

Trump and all his MAGA bullshit. His foeign policy is subject to the Saudi’s.

Watch this if you have 14min to spare:

1 Like

United States President Donald Trump has revealed plans to terminate the right of citizenship to babies born in the country to immigrants and non-citizens.

Speaking to Axios on HBO, Mr Trump said he was seeking legal counsel to determine if he was able to bypass Congress to change the constitution and end birthright citizenship through an executive order.

“They’re saying I can do it just with an executive order,” Mr Trump said.

He added the false claim that “we’re the only country in the world where a person comes in and has a baby, and the baby is essentially a citizen of the United States”.

At least 30 countries offer birthright citizenship through the principle of jus soli or the “right of the soil”, including Canada and Mexico.

This principle was abolished in Australia in 1986, conferring citizenship status only to children born to at least one parent who is an Australian citizen or permanent resident, a principle known as jus sanguinis , or “right of blood”.

In an interview with US radio station WVLK, House Speaker Paul Ryan rebuked Mr Trump’s comments.

“Well you obviously cannot do that. You cannot end birthright citizenship with an executive order,” he said.

That’s not a false claim. When read word for word it’s correct. A baby born in another country doesn’t become a US citizen. Unless, I suppose, those parents are already US citizens who happen to be outside of the country when their baby is born.

No the false claim was that the USA were the only country that allows this citizenship. They’re not.

The craftiness of this arch intellectual villain!

1 Like

But he didnt actually say that though, did he? He was only referring to babies becoming US citizens.

Come on now, don’t do that.

He was quite clearly saying that the USA was the only country to allow a baby being born in that country automatic citizenship.

He again shot off his mouth before checking any facts.

1 Like

One has to read what he actually says. It’s how he gets away with his rhetoric. He can imply one thing, but he does it a way that it actually states something else.

He’s a straight shooting weasel

As the son of immigrants and someone who is a birthright citizen, I find today’s dog-whistle particularly nasty. Will leave it there. My father (who, along with my mum legally migrated to the US in the 70s) passed away a few years ago and what he would have made of today’s America is painfully obvious.

Calling him a weasel is racist towards weasels.

He is the product of a loose bowel movement.

1 Like

Just as an aside, that crazy bomb guy appears to have been a registered Democrat for 35 years and then in 2016 switched to Trump.

That’ll just feed the false flag nutters