Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

They need to swallow their pride and have someone who’s not a recognised member of the political elite.

And I don’t mean Kanye West or sundry Kardashians.

Gregg Popvich

I call bullshit on that.

Being president is a JOB. Trump is discovering that. It’s a hard, demanding job, and you need to have a very broad knowledge of policy, political personalities and groups, international relations, law, and the mechanisms and structure of government in order to manage its most routine functions with a basic level of competence, much less to achieve any meaningful change.

it seems bizarre to, when looking for a candidate for the most powerful political job in the world, demand that your candidate literally has no (or minimal) experience in political jobs. There is literally no other job in the world that you’d do that for.

And anyway, firstly the dems need to stop being hypnotised by the presidency and get back to winning local and state level races so they can, at the very least, hope to overturn the gerrymanders that continually return heavily republican congresses even when the Dems win or equal the popular vote. And second, if the entire nation is so convinced that the best politician is not a politician at all, then not just the Democrats but the democracy itself is in rough shape. and in that case, the Dems HAVE to put their man pants on and show the country that a political party CAN be mature and sensible and useful, cos if the people don’t believe that then the whole system is doomed to topple, and cos the Repubs don’t seem to be in any danger of tuning their mental antennae in to Radio Reality any time soon.

9 Likes

Wow @Alan_Noonan_10 did not know you were a Fox News contributor :wink:

Have they mentioned also that it was probably God’s will? FFS.

I have zero confidence the Dems could win another election against Trump.

1 Like

They did and someone shot at him and may have been the person who killed him.

Authorities have praised the “Texas hero” who exchanged gunfire with the mass shooter, forcing him to flee.
Stephen Willeford, 55, a plumber who lives over the street from the church, rushed to the scene with his own assault rifle when his daughter told him about the unfolding carnage, according to the Evening Standard.
He managed to hit Kelley in the side through a gap in his body armour, at which point the mass shooter dropped his gun, jumped into his Ford Expedition and fled the scene.

But Mr Willeford wasn’t done yet.
He flagged down a vehicle being driven by another Texan, Johnnie Langendorff, and they chased the Ford at 160km/h.
Police said that during the pursuit, Kelley rang his dad on his mobile phone to tell him he had been shot and that he didn’t think he would make it.

Kelley shot himself dead soon after the phone call.
“With all active shooter situations, the number one goal of law enforcement is to neutralise the shooter. In this situation, we had two good samaritans that did that for law enforcement,” Mr Martin said, adding that Mr Willeford was “our Texas hero”.

1 Like

Tomorrow is election day in a number of states. The one I see as a bellwether is for the Governorship of Virginia. Should the Dems lose that it will be a sign of things to come in the big election cycle next year.

It’s not hard to see them tripping over their feet somehow.

We can add Wilbur Ross to the list of Admin players who forgot about Russian financial ties when officially asked.

The Russian lawyer who met with Don Jnr and others suggests quid pro quo was hinted at i.e. Clinton dirt for sanction lifting. Grain of salt with her motivations and honesty.

If 26 dead people is a shining example of a successful implementation of ‘good guy with gun stops bad guy with gun,’ maybe it isn’t such a great plan.

5 Likes

?? He stopped the guy killing all the people, that’s pretty fair effort don’t you think?

It is - well done to him. I’m just saying that it’s an incredibly low bar for success if you consider that there are a lot of dead innocent people.

3 Likes

Rand Paul assaulted whilst moving his lawns

Stay classy democrats

1 Like

The one self inflicted gunshot wound to the head slowed him right down though.

1 Like

I agree. They’re currently clueless.

1 Like

It was his neighbour wasn’t it? Over a garden dispute or something like that?

The GOP elected the assaulter rather than the assaultee in Montana, so let’s be consistent.

There you go @anon53387714, fixed it for you

3 Likes

Looking at US debt levels, their killing fields, the joke of a president, it’s like the US are saying to China - we’re tired of being a world superpower so you guys might as well take over.
I’d rather a new world order with 4 or 5 superpowers who are forced to co-operate rather than one behemoth.

Maybe if the USAF had done the right thing and notified the FBI that this douche bag was dishonourably discharged then he wouldn’t have passed the background checks to get his rifle. Felons are not allowed to own guns. The guy beat his wife and child, starved and beat his dog and was locked up in military prison for almost a year.

If the USAF had done the right thing it may have just stopped this d!ckhead from getting a weapon, but unfortunately, as has been seen time and again, criminals don’t care what the laws are they will get a gun regardless. Happens here in Australia as well.

The local who shot him twice and then pursued him down the road is a hero. He may have just saved more people from being killed once this loser realised that the mother-in-law who he was after was not in the church. But, hey, let’s denigrate him as well, because, you know, politics!

edit: The Grandmother in law was there and was killed. It was the Mother in law who wasn’t and probably next on his list of victims.