Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

Oops, … Party Leader, not speaker of the House,

But she has significant opposition for Speaker too.

Trump has said if she comes up short, that he will get some Repubs to vote for her to get her over the line.

Yep, … she’s Trumps preference, … which should say all you need to know about that opposition within the Dems.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Clearly fake, Trumps hands aren’t that big!

2 Likes

Jeebus he can be a poster boy for manginas everywhere :joy:

1 Like

“retreated into a cocoon of bitterness and resentment”

2 Likes

Mueller doesn’t have ■■■■ on Trump in terms of anything to do RE: Russia

I’m old enough to remember him lying to the U.S Congress about Iraq’s WMD’s and him pinning the 2001 Anthrax scare on the wrong person. This is the guy that’s supposed to take down Trump.

Aww. Someone likes reading the obviously unbiased RT.com. Cute!
https://www.rt.com/usa/421838-mueller-iraq-wmd-trump/

I wonder why folks associate with Trump (like his personal lawyer) and Trump’s presidential campaign (like, oh, I don’t know, his Campaign Manager) keep pleading guilty to Mueller…

2 Likes

I don’t know there is still 2 possibilities.

1. Mueller is after Trump, has the evidence and is going after subordinates first to plead and use against Trump.

2. Any thorough investigation of this type will likely yield something criminal and thus Mueller has charged them. Note some charges are lieing or financial matters unrelated to Trump. They are only on the radar now becuase of Trump. No Russian things found, but still bad judgment by Trump to associate with them.

I’m still on the fence. We don’t have anything concrete to conclude it’s option 1 yet.

We need the investigation completed and then released.

1 Like

Yes because Corporate Media in the US is so objective :joy:

Seems all trump does is meet with people, get bad press for some reason or other, then take pot shots on Twitter at the people he’s just finished meeting with.

Not sure what makes him tick.

I can tell you from watching a shitload of US news channels over the past couple of months, that there is a variety across the spectrum.

FOX is what it is, no explanation needed.

CNN, is a fair way Anti Trump & the FOX antidote, … and MSNBC even moreso, hard to say if they are strictly & always left leaning, but they are definitely “Can’t believe we have this criminal, loudmouth, racist, sexual abusing, incapable of the truth, fucktard as a President” leaning.

CBSN and ABC News are pretty much down the centre, ABC probably moreso, , … and PBS as well, has no detectable BIAS at all.

1 Like

That’s the actual centre right there. Reality is upended.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Some of the things I seen said by FO50 makes me think he has been watching the more left of center news sources such as The Young Turks or Jimmy Dore (not a criticism by the way).

I live around 100 KM from the U.S border so I get all their crap. Everyone knows what FOX is and completely agree with you RE: CNN and MSNBC

Rachel Maddow in particular likes to regurgitate the “Russia, Russia, Russia” rhetoric every chance she gets.

I just find it amusing how people automatically scoff at RT or Al Jazeera when Western Media are no better, in fact worse IMO. RT regularly have top journalists/reporters such as Gareth Porter, Chris Hedges, John Pilger among others on their programs.

I get my news from a variety of sources, definitely love watching Jimmy Dore - I don’t agree with everything he has out there but his show and guests definitely resonate with my beliefs.

I watch or have watched those quite a bit, as well as DW, NHK. France 24 BBC etc, basically everything that is shown on SBS in English and then some (like RT on the web), I’ve always watched a variety of News sources ever since I was a kid, and you could watch Ten early, then Nein, then ABC later, and contrast not only what they chose to report, but also the tone of it. That was when I first became aware of the RW bias and skewing of the Commercial Newsez, and then eventually just fkd it all off in favour of Aunty, way back sometime in the 80’s.

It really should be a subjesct of study for a full year in Yr 9 or 10 IMO, with Media Watch and a couple of other things made compulsory viewing weekly.

So I get where you’re coming from. Maddow is one that rambles on and on repeating herself a lot, … but makes good salient points, … or sometimes even just the ONE point in her entire hour, … but it is always well made, & backed up with facts, . and of course, like all MSNBC, she is decidedly anti Trump, … but that only proves she’s not an idiot.

Also, I’d say she would easily win first place in “The Longest Neck to ever appear on TV” Award. :smirk:

1 Like

Mueller has trump by the short and curleys.

His investigation isn’t just on Russian election collusion, it’s an investigation into trump and his business dealing which have been well known for many years.

The interesting thing will be why Russia decided trump was their man, likely because he had been laundering their money for over a decade.

At the very least he’ll get done for obstruction and using his office for personal enrichment.

1 Like

Yep, and Trump is scared shitless since the Dems won the House, and will get massive subpoena & investigative powers into ALL the scumbags finances and dodgy business affairs over past decades, .and is behaving in kind, … like a rat trapped in a corner lashing out.

I’m just wondering if a President can go to Jail for massive Tax crimes and many other financial crimes, and blackmail, bribery etc committed prior to office, … or for using said Office for enriching himself and his family, or for kowtowing to a foreign entity/adversary because of stuff they have on him, while still in Office, … or will they have to wait until he’s ousted, … and can they Jail him even then?

The Presidency gives him a hell of a lot of immunity to not get prosecuted, (another fkd up weird thing in the US system), … but how far does/can that extend?

1 Like

Phew. Generally I don’t think being this one sided is ever a good thing. BUT, given what we are facing, I am glad.

1 Like